why do I feel crappy whenever i eat?

free4l1fe
on 4/12/12 11:31 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 I've been on mushies for a few days now, and it seems like everytime I eat, I feel super crappy afterwards. I get weak feeling and super tired and I just have to lay down for a bit. For dinner I just had about half a cup of ff refried beans and a couple slices of avacodo. Has anyone experianced this?
steelerfan1
on 4/12/12 12:19 pm
It might be the carbs you are eating and its spiking your sugar to give you a rush and then you crash and you get tired.

I do that if I eat to many carbs well certain kinds of carbs. I can eat fruit all day and be fine , but like candy, potatoes, chips , sweetened drinks  can get me .

The mushy stage got me also because basically all we are is eating carbs.  Like you I  ate alot of refried beans, mashed potatoes because I just could not handle eating meat all mushed up *yuck* lol.

I was very tired during this stage.   Once you get into solid foods you should be okay.  If it dont get better when you start solids I would see your doc just to be on the safe side.

This is the only thing I can think of , I could be totally off base here but it happens to me if I eat to many carbs in a day .  My body just isn't use to all them carbs anymore and it puts it all out of wack :o)
free4l1fe
on 4/12/12 1:25 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 hmmmmm I never thought about that. I'm going to have to find something else to eat tomorrow. I'm with you, I can't handle the mushed up stuff either *yuck indeed* :)

Maybe I'll try some low sugar low carb yogurt tomorrow. 

I'm glad you said  you were tired too, because I feel tired after I do the smallest task around the house. I thought to myself geez am I just being lazy?!
steelerfan1
on 4/12/12 11:28 pm
another thing I just looked at your surgery date and that is another reason why you are so tired.  I was very tired to till about 6-8 weeks out .  I would take a nap after I got up , take one in the afternoon, take one at night and still go to bed lol.

Between the carbs and you just having surgery that is probably why you are so tired right now :o)
minnie_cat
on 4/13/12 12:32 am
Make sure you are getting enough protein via shakes or pureed meat.  Track your protein grams and make sure you meet your goals from the doctor.
Most Active