screwed up big time

free4l1fe
on 4/17/12 12:07 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 OK, I lost my damn mind last night. I heated left over pasta and sauce from the night before for my daughter. She was sleepy and didn't want to eat. Well, I didn't want it to go to waste and so I thought since I was feling so good and didn't seem to have much restriction that it  would be ok to have a bite or two. Well, I kept eating and ended up eating a much as I would have before I was banded, and I didn't chew like I was supposed to. And I now I am so sick, I can stand myself. I am only 3 weeks out today and I'm so araid that I screwed something up in there. My stomach still feels like it is STUFFED even though I've only had one protien shake this morning. It feels  like  I'm full up to my throat. It feels like the pasta is still in there but I know it's not because I am able to get liquids down just fine. I have to keep taking my anti nausea pills and my gas x strips to keep the discomfort under control a little bit. Does it sound like I've done serious damage, or maybe  I streched my pouch and asophigus (sp?). It almost feels like my stomach is on fire and last night I had acid reflux so bad nothing would relieve it.

I know I will probably get crap for this, but I'm a little worried that I screwed myself up.

Thanks for your feedback.
SueBee01
on 4/17/12 12:14 pm - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
I haven't had this problem yet, but I remember my team telling me "don't eat unless you are hungry." so my first recommendation would be drink water and don't eat to see if this passes. I wouldn't add more substance until you are hungry.

I hope you feel better soon.
 Sue

free4l1fe
on 4/17/12 12:22 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 Thank you :)
Yeah I think I'm going to do liquid for a couple of days and hope it gets better. I realllllly don't want to call my dr and get in trouble lol. But if I am not better by Thursday, I will bite the bullet.
-Mari-
on 4/17/12 12:26 pm
Like Suebee says, maybe stick to mushies for 24 hours, drink some decaf coffee or tea, as hot as you can stand. (at least that always help my food "go" down). I doubt if you did damage because you haven't had any fills and it was only the once. But now you know not to do it anymore.
If it doesn't get better give Dr a call. Hope you feel better tonight and everything is back to normal tomorrow.
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
free4l1fe
on 4/17/12 12:31 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 That is a good idea, I'll have something hot to drink. 
Oh yes I have ABSOLUTELY learned my lesson. I do not want pasta in my mouth ever again! 

Thank you. Hopefully tomorrow morning this will just be a bad but informative memory :)
evydog
on 4/17/12 3:16 pm
 You probably just irritated your stomach. Do liquids for a couple days
carriesb
on 4/18/12 2:04 am
I agree with the hot liquids the times I've blown it and irrated my stomach hot coffee always helps. Just take it easy. And remember wasted food is not the end of the world. I have trouble with that also. I make my daughter mac and cheese and it kills me if I throw some out. But It hurts me worse to eat it.
Tarris
on 4/18/12 6:27 am

You won't get crap from me.  No one is perfect all of the time.  You made a bad choice...one time...it doesn't mean you are not going to succeed at this.  Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and make a good choice next time (which it sounds like you are doing).  You are probably far enough out and pasta is soft enough that you won't mess up stitches or anything by having overindulged...just keep taking it easy for a few more days. 

Keep your head high and keep moving forward.

Ginger83
on 4/18/12 6:46 am
REALIZE Band on 02/02/12
Honestly, I'm proud of you for acknowledging your error and posting it here! That was pretty courageous! I doubt you did any damage. If you continued eating that way, there would probably be damage but one time, I doubt you "messed anything up"! Like the other posters said, realize you made a boo boo and move on trying not to make the same mistake again.
Good luck with everything! I had my surgery on 2/2/12 and I've had a few experiences that made me remind myself to slow down and chew longer. Nothing is worth feeling so terrible after eating. It takes a while to get used to all of the "rules" and i know we will get thee. We are all a work in progress. Hang in there!!
free4l1fe
on 4/18/12 8:04 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 Thanks guys for the support and for the reassurance that all will be OK. I'm feeling much better today and think tomorrow I can slowly start to eat again. I just learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully there won't be many more hard lessons on this journey. :)
Most Active