One-der land

minnie_cat
on 5/27/12 3:48 am
I weigh myself nearly daily (I'm trying to stop that), but on Sunday, it's my official weigh-in day and I write it in my journal. I reached 199 today. Tomorrow will be my 5 month surgiversary.  

While I'm very glad to be down 88 pounds, I also have this voice in my head saying you could be digging your fat clothes out of the closet next month/year. I guess it feels surreal...like this is someone else, not me. I know its not a lark that this has happened...I go to the gym, I make good food choices. Its not been a struggle (yet) for me food wise..yeah maybe I miss some foods but I'm not having a hard time leaving them alone. Maybe that's the issue, I worry/expect that to change.

I feel fortunate to have such a positive experience thus far and I feel a bit humbled because I know everyone doesn't have a positive experience.

SueBee01
on 5/27/12 3:58 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Congratulations! Be happy and celebrate!
 Sue

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/12 4:53 am
On May 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM Pacific Time, minnie_cat wrote:
I weigh myself nearly daily (I'm trying to stop that), but on Sunday, it's my official weigh-in day and I write it in my journal. I reached 199 today. Tomorrow will be my 5 month surgiversary.  

While I'm very glad to be down 88 pounds, I also have this voice in my head saying you could be digging your fat clothes out of the closet next month/year. I guess it feels surreal...like this is someone else, not me. I know its not a lark that this has happened...I go to the gym, I make good food choices. Its not been a struggle (yet) for me food wise..yeah maybe I miss some foods but I'm not having a hard time leaving them alone. Maybe that's the issue, I worry/expect that to change.

I feel fortunate to have such a positive experience thus far and I feel a bit humbled because I know everyone doesn't have a positive experience.

Oh, it is real!  Welcome to your new world!  A thinner, healthier person!  Congrats to you!
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/12 5:08 am
Congrats Minnie. How exciting for you. Enjoy your day. I cant wait til I can say that also. Have a great day.
Jo 1962
on 5/27/12 6:19 am - NearHouston, TX
CONGRATULATIONS!!   It took me quite longer than 5 months to reach that milestone but i'm terrible about getting enough exercise.    You GO girl!

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

minnie_cat
on 5/27/12 6:38 am
Thanks all.  @Jo, I really feel that I have been lucky and that the band must be in the exact optimal place cuz I've benefited from restriction and the whole sensation of being full.  This site helps...reading what others share here - I am smarter and stronger for it.

Jo 1962
on 5/27/12 7:28 am - NearHouston, TX
That's great that you found your green zone so soon.  it took me about 3 fills (6 months?) before I found that place and held it for a year  then needed more restriction due to weight loss. I figured i only needed  1/2 a cc but the doc put a whole cc in.  Six weeks later, I came back to take half of that out and have been fine since....feeling full and losing about a 1/2 lb a day these past few weeks. :) :)  :).  

I appreciate this site too....makes me NOT hesitate to call my doc about anything.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

marymcd54
on 5/29/12 7:55 am - Warwick, RI
Congrats!!!!!!!!
Marylmcd

Most Active