Boooo on my band :-(

free4l1fe
on 6/13/12 10:33 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 So, I went for my second fill today and found out that there is a leak in my band! Seriously!?! I've had this thing for less than 3 month and I already have a leak. I am so dissapointed with this whole thing. It has really been one problem after another, it's just sad that this didnt work out. There is no way I am going to go through this again, they will NOT be putting another band in me. I don't know if I'm going to have another wls or just throw my hands up at the whole thing. sighhhh, I have a lot to think about :
SueBee01
on 6/13/12 10:56 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Is it the band or the port/line? I hope it is easily fixed for you.
 Sue

free4l1fe
on 6/13/12 11:04 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 She isn't sure where its at. I have to go for an xray with the dye injection to find out exactly where.

kathkeb
on 6/13/12 1:14 pm
Wow -- that really stinks.

I am sorry this is happening to you.
Kath

Guernica Loser
on 6/13/12 4:10 pm
 that totally sucks and you have every right to be angry :(
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

free4l1fe
on 6/13/12 4:26 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 yeah, it's pretty crappy. This will be the 3rd surgery in 3 months (all band related) since having the band placed. I'll get over it of course, I'm just having a little pitty/pissed off party for myself. I know it could be worse, but it's a pretty sucky situation.
Jost Dreams
on 6/14/12 10:31 am

Hi there,

I'll probably get jumped on, but what the heck....I've got my big girl zebra panties on today.  In all honesty if I were you I'd jump at the chance to have the band replaced, especially with problems this early on.

I had the band for 5 years until it slipped and was removed via emergency surgery.  Fighting insurance for a RnY was a brutal but worth every minute.  I'm so much happier with the bypass....healthier, more active, more confident...you name it.  I truly wish that I had never bothered with the band and the problems that came along with it.  At the time it seemed like the logical decision because it was the "least invasive."  WRONG....it took me two surgeries related to the band to figure that out.

Please consider replacement and discuss with your doctor.  Best of luck (and health) with your chosen path!!

free4l1fe
on 6/14/12 10:35 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 Thank you for sharing your experiance. My insurance does cover bypass as well. I am eeriously considering doing that. I to pick the band because it was "less invasive". Boy was I wrong!

How long have you had your RnY?
Jost Dreams
on 6/14/12 11:03 am

l had the surgery on Sept 17, 2012 and don't regret it for a minute.  My labs are perfect and my cholesterol is down from 199 to 144. I take alot of vitamins but then I took them with the band too.  Find them on sale at Walgreens and they aren't expensive.

I was out of work for 2 weeks and recovery was easier than the lap band.  Immediate post op eating schedule was about the same. 

I don't dump and find that I eat healthier than I did with the finicky band.  Breakfast is greek yogurt or egg whites...something I could not tolerate with the band. Many times I couldn't eat until noon.  I've gone to many business functions without worrying about p'bing or looking for a bathroom.

3 surgeries in 3 months is not a good indicator of a happy band life.  Sorry you've had so many problems! Here's to a healthy future!!

jschultes
on 6/15/12 5:54 am - ND
I agree! Don't give up! How long have you waited to be able to have wls at all? Although I would go with the RNY too.

I have the RNY 2 months and 10 days ago and have lost 50lbs! In addition to that my diabetes was gone immediately. I took my last diabetic pill the day before the surgery...big change for me. I was also recently taken off of my high blood pressure medicine too and all of my labs are looking great!

Come join us on the bypass wagon
Most Active