Before You Were Banded...

learning more everyday
on 6/20/12 12:25 pm
What is the one piece of advice you wish another bandster, Allergan, or your Drs. office had told you pre banding???
Bette B.
on 6/20/12 12:40 pm
 That it's possible to lose a LOT of weight REALLY fast. Not COMMON, but it can happen. I thought I was dying or something!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/12 12:51 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I wish that I had UNDERSTOOD that the band stats that were being reported to me by my surgeon, Allergan ( the manufacture of the Lap Band ) and Bandsters on THIS forum...had explained that ALL of those stats that they were wielding about, were based off of 249 peoples experiences.
Dev *.
on 6/21/12 1:22 am - Austin, TX
If you're getting stuck on a pill smaller than an M&M, you're too tight.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Stephanie M.
on 6/21/12 2:44 am
 1. Information regarding the size of the stoma.  I had to swallow a pill about 3/8 " diameter close to half an inch last week with my Esophogram.  It wouldn't pass through and it should have passed easily.  I get stuck on my pills too, without any fill.
2.  That returning GERD means your too tight.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/12 4:58 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Tell me all about your esophogram NOW !
Stephanie M.
on 6/21/12 8:29 am
 I thought I did, but here's one of the posts I made...

Lately, veteran bandsters are coming forward in increasing numbers to report problems, complications, band removal and revisions.  Since I cannot name names, lest I risk moderation, I will ask all of my fellow bandsters who have lost your bands, anticipate losing your bands, had to be unfilled, experienced complications, had your band tighten for no apparent reason, to please post on this thread, sharing your experience.
Hi, I'm Steph M.  I've been banded just over 2 years, just had a complete unfill due to my band tightening (3.5cc in 11cc Realize C Band).  My last fill, of 2 was March 1, 2011, .5cc.  I was fine until last summer, when I began being awakened by pain during the night.  I started having PBs frequently, despite cutting my food into pea sized pieces, chewing 20 times, eating slowly, not drinking with meals, eating between half cup- 1 cup food per meal, etc...I followed the RULES pretty consistently.  I had to be on liquids 2-3 days per week, thus developed maladaptive eating.  While I didn't gain, I also didn't lose...Tuesday I weighed exactly what I did on March 1, 2011, and on Oct 5, 2011 when I went in for my gallbladder.  My PA was very happy I maintained, despite having problems.  The EGD showed just a trickle of barium going through my band, even though the opening should have been 3/8" wide.  Water sat on top of the barium for about 7 minutes.  I then swallowed the pill that should pass easily through the stoma and it just sat there.  My stoma was less than 1/8 inch with my band only 30% filled.  I go back 7-17 for another EGD
Goodbye 290, 280, 270, 260, 250, 240, 230, 220's...
                  www.obesityhelp.com/group/failed_lap_bands/discussion/.    
My band hasn't failed me, but I want to be prepared in case it does.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

MARIA F.
on 6/21/12 9:08 am - Athens, GA

~  Lately, veteran bandsters are coming forward in increasing numbers to report problems, complications, band removal and revisions.  Since I cannot name names, lest I risk moderation, I will ask all of my fellow bandsters who have lost your bands, anticipate losing your bands, had to be unfilled, experienced complications, had your band tighten for no apparent reason, to please post on this thread, sharing your experience.~

So very sad that many of those bandsters hide instead of posting their issues on the lap-band forum that they said was for support!  Never understood why some feel the need to be secretive about it. When one states publicly how wonderful the band is............and then only posts on private forums with their complications it just does not give a fair and accurate representation of just how common band failure is. So please, PAY IT FORWARD and share ALL your band expereinces! Good AND bad!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Stephanie M.
on 6/21/12 12:03 pm
 I think they don't hide, but are afraid to post lest they be told "I told you so...". After a certain Bandster lost her band and her "failure" was celebrated, I don't blame them.

MARIA F.
on 6/21/12 12:16 pm - Athens, GA
On June 21, 2012 at 7:03 PM Pacific Time, Stephanie M. wrote:
 I think they don't hide, but are afraid to post lest they be told "I told you so...". After a certain Bandster lost her band and her "failure" was celebrated, I don't blame them.

They always hid prior to that didn't they?

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active