Maybe I have been in a hole.....

Katie T.
on 7/12/12 10:32 am - IL
But in Chicago, where I am, its being rumored that Jesse Jackson Jr., who has been missing for a month is in "recovery" for alcoholism CAUSED by LapBand Surgery.  Has anyone else heard of this?  Now I know I can throw back a few and feel more drunk than others, but wow, I had not heard this. 

Let me know your thoughts. 
Bette B.
on 7/12/12 11:46 am
 I don't know what the devil is going on with him. But I CAN tell you that the band does not cause alcoholism. If it did, we'd all be ****faced.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Bette B.
on 7/12/12 11:52 am
from ABCNEWS.COM -

The medical condition keeping Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. out of Congress for the past month was finally revealed and not revealed at the same time: a mood disorder, a condition that can be anything from major depression to bipolar disorder.

Whatever his condition, doctors say the stresses of Jackson's life and career likely played a role in triggering this episode. His case also serves as a reminder that anyone can struggle with mental health.

The Illinois congressman's office Wednesday released a statement that Jackson is "receiving intensive medical treatment at a residential treatment facility for a mood disorder. He is responding positively to treatment and is expected to make a full recovery."

The statement also denied rumors that Jackson is being treated for alcohol or substance abuse.

Although a mood disorder can be many different things, the most common form is depression, and doctors say such a disorder has to be severe for a patient to be admitted to an inpatient treatment facility. Most people admitted are either suffering from delusions or are suicidal.

One senior aide to Jackson spoke to ABC News and denied that the congressman had attempted suicide. That rumor was floated on the Chicago WLS talk radio show Roe & Roeper, which reported that sources said Jackson's absence from Congress was the result of a suicide attempt.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 7/12/12 4:17 pm - UK

I know nothing about this case. But with any addicition, and many of us were addicted to eating/food, controlling one compulsive behaviour/addiciton can lead to transferring to another.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Guernica Loser
on 7/13/12 12:24 pm
 never was a drunk and still not one.  The band doesn't cause alcoholism.  Someone with addiction problems may substitute one addiction for another though (food to booze)
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

Nic M
on 7/13/12 12:44 pm
Transfer addiction is real and I can see how it could happen. Hopefully if it's true he'll find the help he needs there. I think it's infinitely better to ask for help than to go it alone, that's for sure.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active