I got removal Date

pineview01
on 8/22/12 8:15 pm - Davison, MI

My PCP sent me to have my band removed 18 months ago. The surgery center didn't let me talk to the surgeon but, relayed info and put me on anti-acid meds. After 18 months of medical issues I went back again for removal. The surgeon came in and said I needed more anti acid meds (what the heck he could at least read my history.)

After going thru the history with him and letting him know he was directing me to do as he had already directed 18 months earlier. He decided the band would come out in 1 to 2 weeks or a.s.a.p.   When I hadn't heard back in a week, I called. He never told the boarder to schedule the surgery.  She did manage to find a spot two MOORE weeks out.  Than she was going to post pone it a month as they didn’t have any time to do the history.  What?  I thought the hour they took doing the history when I was there WAS the history.

The thing is now have a date, September 4th, to get my band removed. 

Now that it is a done deal, I doubt myself.  I know I have had 2.5 years of medical issues due to this band but, I’m also scared of losing what little help it does give.  I am also afraid of what they will find in there.  Something has attached to something it wasn’t supposed to.

Thank You all here who have been so supportive with the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY of band life.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Nic M
on 8/22/12 8:19 pm
Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll feel SO much better when the band is out.

Sept. 4th is coming up fast! Wishing you the best!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

pineview01
on 8/22/12 8:53 pm - Davison, MI
Thanks!  I'm sure I will feel better too.  Just that fear of weight regain hanging over my head.

Thanks again.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Hislady
on 8/22/12 9:51 pm - Vancouver, WA
Congrats I'm so glad you finally got thru to them! Remember you have hopefully learned a whole new way of eating healthy foods so if you keep that up it should help you keep your weight down. We'll all be praying they don't find anything too bad in there. You've made it this far, you'll make thru this too.
pineview01
on 8/23/12 2:44 pm - Davison, MI
Thanks Hislady!

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 8/24/12 3:41 pm - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I hope everything goes smoothly , I know I was afraid of the same thing , going into surgery not EXACTLY knowing what is going to happen, and how much damage the band had done . I am so thankful for a doc that is a perfectionist , and grateful that no major damage was done , he removed all the scar tissue , he said there was lots , then he was able to proceed.
I wish you all the best !!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

MARIA F.
on 8/24/12 9:40 pm - Athens, GA

Wow you've had to wait a long time for the removal. I think Pumpkin had to wait a long time before her insurance would authorize it also. So sad. Many go into this thinking that the band is the "least invasive" and if it doesn't work they'll just get it removed. Not always that easy getting them removed! :-(

So sorry that you are now having to wait even longer b/c of your Dr. dropping the ball. Hugs!

FormerlyFluffy.com

pineview01
on 8/25/12 12:44 pm - Davison, MI
Thanks all of you for your kind words and support.

Most Active