Bye Bye Bandaquita

pineview01
on 10/2/12 2:53 pm, edited 10/2/12 2:58 pm - Davison, MI
Mine too always looked A-OK on all the test.  They found out different
only when they went in.  Yes, we are the best indicator of our own bodies.

Just a note; when I had reflux the scale wasn't moving down but, up.  It developed a mind of its own and would  close up at will.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

cryspyx
on 10/2/12 11:23 am - Hartford, CT
it's funny that you say that. funny, in a sad way, not a "ha ha" way. my surgeon pointed that out to me on my last fill visit a few weeks ago. he asked how i knew i was ready for a fill. i thought it was an odd question. it'd been eight weeks since the last time i'd had a fill. i wasn't really hungry between meals, i thought that because i could drink and eat at the same time that it meant i wasn't getting enough restriction any longer. he quickly clarified that for me. only one time have i actually experienced reflux from an overfill, and it wasn't him that did the fill, but rather his assistant. when i called about the reflux (as i hadn't had any acid reflux since the getting the band and the hernia being repaired), they told me to just drink liquids until the reflux went away(!).

melly37
on 10/2/12 7:39 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Wow, sorry to hear about this!!  I wish you a speedy recovery!!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

hopeinarizona
on 10/2/12 10:50 am
Thank you Melly. I know you are very well aware of how frightening this has all been, having been there yourself . Glad you are doing better and hope the same for myself.

Rai
on 10/2/12 7:42 am - NY
VSG on 05/04/16
Sending prayers your way. Be blessed.
Modifying my sexy!            
hopeinarizona
on 10/2/12 10:50 am
Many thanks, Rai.

Nic M
on 10/2/12 8:18 am
 I'm glad you got it taken care of. I'm very sorry you had to go through this and I hope that you'll heal up quickly.

Feel better soon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

hopeinarizona
on 10/2/12 10:53 am
Nic, thank you so much. I have followed your struggle over the years and I am grateful for your support, especially since I know you feel very differently about the band than I do.

kathkeb
on 10/2/12 10:23 am
 Judy,

Glad to hear you are home and had no scar tissue.

I wish you the very best in your recovery and good health journey.

Keep us posted on your progress!!
Kath

hopeinarizona
on 10/2/12 10:54 am

Kath, thank you very much. I am grateful for your support.

Most Active