What are you eating today (Tuesday) or yesterday?

Jean M.
on 10/22/12 9:54 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
My big project for today is an appointment with my gastro doc to discuss the GI bleed that seems to be causing my anemia. I also want to talk with him about the potential for PPI's (like the omeprazole I take) to cause anemia and the study in which 43% of VSG patients had iron, folic acid, and B12 deficiences.

Today's food plan:
B: protein latte
S: baked oatmeal w/ banana & walnuts
S: Greek yogurt w/ blueberries
L: leftover cashew curry shrimp salad
S: popcorn
S: baby carrots
D: Santa Fe chicken soup (chicken, veggies, rice, beans)
S: peanut butter banana bar

I'm skipping this morning's exercise class because of my doctor appointment.

Have a lovely day!
Jean 

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

cryspyx
on 10/22/12 11:53 pm - Hartford, CT
B: a small coffee with pumpkin spice cream
S: protein shake
S: hummus, rice crackers and spiced cucumbers
L: turkey chili
S: handful of almonds or yogurt (depending on the mood)
D: shrimp stirfry (red pepper flakes, shrimp, kalamata olives, fresh basil, zucchini, onion, fresh minced garlic, cracked black pepper, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes)
S: hot chocolate with marshmellow fluff
Jean M.
on 10/23/12 2:41 am
Revision on 08/16/12
OK, I'd be happy to have just a small portion of that shrimp stir fry. Send it over!

author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

cryspyx
on 10/23/12 3:30 am - Hartford, CT
my husband loves this. i got the base from a diabetic magazine, but he doesn't need to know that.
Jean M.
on 10/23/12 4:46 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I agree. When it comes to food, what husbands don't know can't hurt them.

cryspyx
on 10/23/12 11:20 pm - Hartford, CT
he went back for seconds last night. pity. no leftovers for lunch. :( heh
cdoss
on 10/22/12 11:58 pm
Jean, Did you have any problems with anemia when you had your band?
Jean M.
on 10/23/12 2:40 am
Revision on 08/16/12
No, I've never had anemia before. In the past 20-30 years, medical professionals have actually raved about my iron-rich blood.

My gastro doc thinks I might have a bleeding ulcer and is going to do an upper endoscopy next week to see what's going on in there. Then we'll go from there.

Kitty C
on 10/23/12 2:01 am

B-Cream of Farina infused w/ a fresh cinnamon stick and protein
S-Assorted nuts
L-Asparagus and Leek soup w/ protein, tuna fish w/ red onion
S-2 homemade oatmeal raisin "cookies" made w/ protein
D-Chicken and bean burger, creamed spinach
S-2 homemade oatmeal raisin "cookies" made w/ protein

Water throughout the day

kathkeb
on 10/23/12 7:00 am
Crazy day around here -- up for a client call at 6am, then calls/meetings until 2pm.
Now, I am prepping to leave for a 5pm flight to Vegas for a User Conference for the rest of the week.

I had some cereal with skim milk and a banana at about 10am (nothing bu****er before that, too busy).

I just had about 15 almonds.

I am going to eat a protein bar on my way to the airport ---- and then eat dinner tonight in Vegas

I can't wait to hear what your doc has to say about long-term use of Omeprazole.
Kath

Most Active