What a difference a year makes!

minnie_cat
on 12/28/12 10:49 am

It was a year ago today that I had my band surgery (Realize). From my consult appt I'm down over 110 pounds and since surgery I'm down around 85-90 pounds.  While I have hit a wall with loss (I'd say about 60-70% is me) for the past 3 months, I do plan to lose another 20-25. I go to spin class 3x a week, I took up running 8 weeks ago and can run 30 minutes at a time. I do workouts that I never thought I could do. I love being active. I'm joining the cross fit program at my gym in January. I had my labs done in November and my cholesterol was 120!  My triglycerides were 75. I haven't been on any meds for a year now. I love my new life style. I'm fortunate to have the great support of my awesome husband, family and friends. I've received really helpful advice, support and encouragement here - thank you all for that!

Amy

cristie2000
on 12/28/12 9:35 pm

Awesome!  I am so proud of you!  Keep up the great work!

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

Jean M.
on 12/28/12 9:52 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

Great job! Thanks for sharing your success story - we all need inspiration like that.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

prek-3
on 12/29/12 5:52 am - Hollywood, FL
Congratulations Amy!
Way to work your tool! It's such an exciting time for you, enjoy your success!
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Pickles123
on 12/29/12 11:14 am

Great job Amy.  Keep up the good work.

I agree What a difference a year makes!

minnie_cat
on 12/31/12 1:48 am

Thanks everyone! It's so nice to have an active life, to feel so good, not to have so many aches and pains. Never mind looking so much better, wearing cute clothes from most any store, but the health and quality of life is so much richer!

Cheers!

Most Active