Getting Lazy :(

nflgal00
on 4/26/13 1:25 pm - gainesville, FL

Hello All

I am a few years out from surgery and I can feel myself beginning to slip back into old habits. I need to get my butt in gear and get back on track. The first step is to see a doctor and get a fill and refresher!

I came back to the site because I has some great support when I was fresh from surgery and I need that again!

Thank you!  

pineview01
on 4/26/13 2:31 pm - Davison, MI

Does your center have a support group?  That is the first thing I start doing for accountability.  The number one thing I have to do to keep my butt in line is to journal all my food.  I amaze myself every time I start tracking how far I have strayed.  I also have to weigh.  Every time in my life that I have "put up the scale"  it has always been follow by a big gain when I get it back out.   Other than that get back to basics.  Just what I need to do to get back on track.

Are you sure you need a fill?  Make sure you are lose enough to eat the dense protein you need.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/26/13 7:12 pm

Everytime, I needed to start over again, I returned to my pre op diet.  It was the Atkins diet.  I cut my carbs down below 20 gms, get a fill if I need one, IF I am eating 1 cup of food and not being satiated for at least 4 hours, I knew it was time for a fill.

I have never drank with my meals.  If you're doing that, return to the rule and stop.  I still after over 5 years, set my timer for 60 mins after eating before I start drinking.   I eat my protein first and foremost.

And I agree with the other poster, journal.  Get to know what you're actually eating.  How many carbs, how much protein?  I never cared about the fat grams.  I tried to get my protein up as high as I could and get my carbs down as low as possible.

It won't be easy, but you can do it.  Think of something you really want to reward yourself with.  I got a little charm bracelet when I returned each 100 lbs loss.  My 300 lbs loss, says, "300 gone forever" 

if you aren't moving your body, start.  I use the Striiv app on my iphone.  It's a pedameter.  It's perfect because I compete with my friends.  It really motivates me to be in first place!  I hate coming in second!

Good Luck!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

vlp1968
on 4/27/13 4:22 am
On April 27, 2013 at 2:12 AM Pacific Time, Iam_with_the_Band wrote:

Everytime, I needed to start over again, I returned to my pre op diet.  It was the Atkins diet.  I cut my carbs down below 20 gms, get a fill if I need one, IF I am eating 1 cup of food and not being satiated for at least 4 hours, I knew it was time for a fill.

I have never drank with my meals.  If you're doing that, return to the rule and stop.  I still after over 5 years, set my timer for 60 mins after eating before I start drinking.   I eat my protein first and foremost.

And I agree with the other poster, journal.  Get to know what you're actually eating.  How many carbs, how much protein?  I never cared about the fat grams.  I tried to get my protein up as high as I could and get my carbs down as low as possible.

It won't be easy, but you can do it.  Think of something you really want to reward yourself with.  I got a little charm bracelet when I returned each 100 lbs loss.  My 300 lbs loss, says, "300 gone forever" 

if you aren't moving your body, start.  I use the Striiv app on my iphone.  It's a pedameter.  It's perfect because I compete with my friends.  It really motivates me to be in first place!  I hate coming in second!

Good Luck!

WOW!  300 pounds!  That is just amazing!

nflgal00
on 4/26/13 11:40 pm - gainesville, FL

Thank you both for the great advice. I started today by going to the gym and keeping track of my food intake. 

I have moved away from the city where I had my surgery and I need to find a good one in Orlando, Fl. I need to get back to basics and eat more protein and less crap food. Sometimes I feel like I use the band as a excuse to eat what I want.

I need to have more self control and get things under control!!! 

crystal M.
on 4/28/13 1:00 am - Joliet, IL

One thing that always keeps me on track is exercise.  For some reason when I stick to a regular routine I also tend to eat healthier.  So when I am straying off the healthy path.  The first thing I do is rededicate myself to my exercise routine and then usually my eating goes with it.  I naturally want to eat fruits and protein when workout.  But as a rule of thumb when I shop for groceries I buy only produce and poultry...hahaha!!!  Seriously.  I feel that if you don't buy it you won't eat it.  I even avoid the "yummy" aisles.  I also avoid all fast food..period.  I stick to complex carbs and avoid simple carbs (so no candy, and other crap).  I avoid processed foods and make my meals (so no frozen meals). 

I don't even really count calories.  That doesn't mean I don't look up to see how many calories something is if I'm unsure.  But I don't sit and track it.  Basically because I stick to my same formula and rarely stray.  I drink only water, green tea, and crystal light. As far as activity even though I workout I still seek out other ways to eject activity into my life.  At lunch my friend and I run up and down the stairs.  When I go shopping I always park in the back.  I work at a desk...I will stand up once an hour and keep working but stand for 5 minutes or jog in place or do deep knee bands.  I'm in an office with a bunch of women...they don't care that I'm doing these things.  It also is good to get up every hour because they have studies that show sitting for hours is as bad for your health as smoking!!!    

That's it...this is what I do.  I lost 178 lbs so far.    

nflgal00
on 4/29/13 6:01 am - gainesville, FL

Thank you for your great advice. I have begun to step up my exercise. I'm actually headed to the gym in a few minutes. I normally go to the gym two-three times a week. This week, I am going to step it up and try to make four times. I also have been better with my food in the last three days. I have quit eating random foods and went to the store to make better choices.  I am the same way when it comes to food and excerise.....they go hand in hand. If I do one the other is soon to follow!

Most Active