Self pay questionsq!

Norma 1010
on 8/19/13 10:19 am - Pflugerville, TX

I posted while back about having a leak in my LP tubing and insurance denying approval for revision to gastric bypass and now denying replacement of a new band. My dr recently sent a letter for approval for repairing of tubing. Anyway, I have actually been considering just having the band taken out, which insurance will cover, and getting a revision to gastric bypass, which I would have to pay out of pocket.  For those of  you that have been self pay for a gastric bypass:  how much did it cost you and were you able to get financing to have it done?  Is it easy to get financing? (I don't have the greatest credit :( )?  

WITH GOD, EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

HW:   317 lbs
GW:   180 lbs
CW:   285

JudyAz
on 8/19/13 10:54 am - FL

You might want to post on revision and bypass board, too for extra input.

pineview01
on 8/19/13 1:18 pm - Davison, MI

You might want to ask your surgeon what the cash pay for the GB would be if done while the removal is being paid for by insurance.

Also my insurance paid for removal only due to 1 in lifetime policy, but I was able to appeal and get my sleeve surgery paid for.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lisa O.
on 8/20/13 2:21 am - Snoqualmie, WA

My surgeon submits for a new surgery instead of revision.  He said it's harder to get approval for a revision than another WL surgery but you would have to qualify again, i.e. high BMI, etc.  I had my band removed and am working toward getting RNY this fall.  As long as your insurance doesn't have a 1x only WL surgery rule you should be o.k.  

Will they pay to have the band removed?  Have you had other complications besides a tubing leak?

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active