'fear' of losing

coconutatthebeach
on 10/7/13 6:39 am, edited 10/10/13 10:23 pm

I am losing weight and now suddenly I am gripped with fear ........fear that i may not be able to continue losing and reach my goal. ...... i think i am fearing 'failure'......... i feel like i may 'fall off the wagon' just the same as an alcoholic would do....... if i eat one thing i shouldn't i'm afraid it would be a long time before i'd be able to get back on track again. .......... or am i fearing success?

Mell
on 10/7/13 6:53 am

Probably both! I know I did, I was scared loosing the weight would change me, I was scared that I would not loose enough and people would judge, now I am scared to gain it back, I am worry about food in general!

It sucks but I think I was obsessed by food just in different ways before. I have bad food anxiety and I constantly feel inadequate about my eating whether it is too much or too little. 

The outside world doesn't help! I have some friends/family who say I should not loose anymore I look fine, then I have some that stare at the food I eat as if I eat too much.

So I have days like you where all the thoughts enter at one time....then I take a deep breath and just ignore them...move on to the next thing, or create the next thing to move on to! \

Good luck!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

coconutatthebeach
on 10/8/13 4:22 am

Thanks for the feedback, the support.

Kimberly_CS
on 10/12/13 4:20 pm

If you feel like you might 'fall off the wagon' go get a fill and you will feel much better! 

Remember you need a support team to build your CONFIDENCE, a support team like this one! A place where others are going thru what you are and can assist you in your darkest moments of fear!  

Don't get me wrong it is going to be a wild ride of ups and downs but if you just rely on your support group we will help you thru your struggles!

Remember FEAR IS NOT AN OPTION you have come to far!!  Don't discourage yourself!   The Lap Band is with you at all times and will tell  you to stop before you go to far, and if you do go to far it will teach you a lesson you will not want to learn again!

No matter how many times you break down listen to that little piece inside of you that says

"NO, your not done yet get BACK UP"!

NanaB .
on 10/12/13 10:28 pm

Many people have "fear of success" fear of attention, etc, I think when this happens you need to be part of a "Positive Support Group" or counselor that will keep you motivated and happy with yourself.

Most Active