Endoscopy and Slippage or band erosion

jlo669
on 1/28/14 10:27 pm - bohemia, NY

I can feel everything that I eat and drink and I get twiches of pain where the band is located for a few months.  I had a video test 2x's and my stomach has not stopped dilating and I can't keep much down.

I am getting scoped in about a week to see what is wrong.  I told the Gi Dr that my Dr said that he thought the stomach was dilated around the top and under the band the GI Dr said he doesn't think that is it.

I'm curious if he thinks it eroded but obviously their is something wrong I have been working out and eating okay and just keep gaining anyone have this happen and what was it in the end. Any stories would be helpful!!!

annie0039
on 1/28/14 11:41 pm

If the band is dilated above the band that would be an Esophageal Dilation, below the band COULD be a slip?  Erosion symptoms are Epigastric pain and "sudden loss of restriction"

As long as your able to drink they won't be concerned if you can't drink think DEHYDRATION, not a good thing.

I'LL provide a link you might want to copy it take it to Band Dr. AND G.I. doc, gastro's are only now becoming more aware of band/ G.I. related problems.

Also don't be surprised if they don't find anything while doing the Endoscopy it happens allot :( I had one said it was 'fine' but in actuality the band had slipped.

Since removed.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3038361/

jlo669
on 1/29/14 11:14 pm - bohemia, NY

I have no restriction other then foods I have trouble eating bread stuff like that.  I have gained weight back and I have been working out regular since March and I have don't nothing but gain.  I get small shots of discomfort in the port area all the time and bloated always.  I can drink but I have been getting sick almost everything I eat.  I will take a look at the link I appreciate the info!!!!! so in the end nothing was wrong or it was a slip.  This gI dr made it sound like he already knew what it was already and if it was nothing I would figured he would have said I think it's ok and do the test. He works with band people all the tme so I feel in good hands.

pineview01
on 2/3/14 11:10 am - Davison, MI

I had restriction with bread and all solid protein, I threw them all back up.  I also had the port discomfort which worked up to very bad discomfort to right out pain.  My problems were from the scare tissue my body was putting down to protect itself from the band.  My port was tipped in side of a capsule of scare tissue which also attached to my insides.  Good luck with your scope.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Dev *.
on 1/30/14 1:20 am - Austin, TX

I believe that erosion typically results in a LOSS of restriction, not an increase in restriction.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

jlo669
on 2/4/14 1:47 am - bohemia, NY

It have no restriction when I can eat but I eat a lot of liquid types since I get sick alot after I swallow I get a stinging in my band.

It's just very werid and I don't eat that much that i should have gained this much weight back totally frustrating and uncomfortable.

pineview01
on 2/4/14 6:57 am - Davison, MI

Can you eat solid protein, if chewed well with out getting stuck or throwing up?  Are you doing liquid as it is all you can do or because that is what you want to do?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

jlo669
on 2/4/14 7:00 am - bohemia, NY

I get sick even when it's chewed. So I lean more towards liquid types of food. 

Most Active