Eating well and not losing

jlo669
on 7/14/14 3:26 am - bohemia, NY

Hello I am eating 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast with a laughing cow cheese wedge then for lunch I eat a chicken sausage with a low calorie soup  and dinner a chicken meatball with no salt sauce like 2o calories.  I have not lost any weight am i not eating enough or something looks wrong in my diet.  I have been lite working out and I know that of course will boast it but I am not losing even 1lb.  I also eat just for one veggies from Green giant with my dinner. Stumped eating really good and seems not to be working.

Thanks!!!

Kate -True Brit
on 7/14/14 5:06 am - UK

Must be frustrating! 

You have been banded for over three years. So we need a bit more information to comment. How much weight have you lost and what was your starting weight? Have you eaten well since surgery or have you gone off track and are now trying again? How much more do you need to lose? How long is it since you last lost?

Has your thyroid been checked? Are you taking any meds which lead to weight gain?

With a bit more info, we may be able you make suggestions. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jlo669
on 7/14/14 5:35 am - bohemia, NY

Sorry about that I was banded 8 years ago I lost 75 plus but I had some slipage issues a few times and I have gained 45 lbs back through bad habits again grrr.

Trying to get back into the swing of things liek I was when I did very well.  I am on blood pressure meds strong ones I had a stroke about a month ago been doing really well with eating since but not really losing anything.

I have not have my throid checked since my surgery and then it was not an issue.  Sorry for not giving the full info.

Bette B.
on 7/14/14 11:24 am

It's possible that you're not eating ENOUGH. Track your food for a couple of days and see where your calories end up. 

Then you need to go to a website that calculates your BMR - basal metabolic rate, which is how many calories your body would use if you just sat and didn't move all day. Some sites allow you to adjust your calorie burn based on your activity level. If your BMR is, for example, 2000 calories and you're only taking in 800, you need to adjust.

You can also talk to a nutritionist about all this and he/she can give you some guidelines.

2 boiled eggs total a155 calories. One Laughing Cow wedge is 35-50 calories, so your breakfast is about 205 cals.

An average chicken sausage is about 200 calories. Let's say the low-cal soup is 100 cals. That's 300+205=505.

1 chicken meatball is about 45 calories. One tray of Just for One, about 40 cals. 505+85=590.

I'm not a nutritionist, but to me that sounds like you are not getting nearly enough.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kate -True Brit
on 7/14/14 5:16 pm - UK

I can't explain why you are not losing on such an extremely low cal diet. So something must be "wrong". It may be you are under-estimating intake but you are so exact in your list that seems unlikely. So I suggest seeing your family doctor to get yourself checked over and also seeing a nutritionist. 

Regain goes slowly! I am fighting at the moment and losing about 1lb a week on 1200 cals a day. But you are eating around half that. Apart from anything, unless you are taking supplements, you are going to have nutritional deficiencies. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jlo669
on 7/16/14 2:26 am - bohemia, NY

Thanks for the advice everyone I am not counting cals but I figure I don't eat that much so I should start losing something.  I am gonna go to the Dr in a couple weeks and see what he says.

Most Active