EATING WHILE UPSET OR ANXIOUS

MR_P
on 7/21/14 3:53 pm - Pasadena, CA

I have noticed that when I have dinner and I am upset, anxious or worried about something, that I always end up vomiting throughout the night.  Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Thank you

Kate -True Brit
on 7/21/14 5:36 pm - UK

Not personally that bad.  But stress always makes eating more difficult for me. And also if you are eating while emotional, you may not be chewing as carefully. Stress causing a tighter band is quite common. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

pineview01
on 7/22/14 12:30 pm - Davison, MI

I would vomit if I ate while upset, anxious or worried right after/as I was eating.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MR_P
on 7/22/14 1:54 pm - Pasadena, CA

Thanks to both of you.  Today I was on a job "interview" and of course was anxious and had butterflies.  The interviewer offered me a glass of water.  I sipped on it and I could hear my stomach gurgle and the water started to come up.  It of course impacted my speech and added to the tension.  There was nothing I felt I could do.  It never goes away unless you can vomit or belch.  When I was out of doors, I let out the biggest belch.

Most Active