Update..

Laurena
on 9/26/14 7:45 am - Louisville, KY

I am getting better,band looks good and gallbladder is fine,my pain and cramps came from acid reflux,My Dr. took out some fill,cause he thinks I was to tight,but I all ready gained 4 pounds.I have to wait 6 weeks before I get a fill again.Why I developed this bad acid reflux ,I don't know it had to come from the band,cause I never had any thing like that in my whole life.I hope I don't have acid reflux forever.I am now taking Nexium daily.Also I hope I don't gain more weight back.

You all have a great weekend

Laurena

pineview01
on 9/26/14 1:17 pm - Davison, MI

That is how the end started for my band.  The band caused the acid reflux.  The last nine months I had it I went in for an unfill every month and would be OK for a while and than the reflux started up again.  Than back for another unfill over and over again untill the totally unfilled it and I still tightened back up to the point of the reflux getting so bad I would sit up to sleep.  It was caused from scare tissue building under the band.  I ended up on 2 ppi's a day.  After getting the band removed and a couple months healing the reflux was totally gone.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Laurena
on 9/26/14 1:32 pm - Louisville, KY

I am sorry to hear that this happened to you,I have a feeling the same thing is happening to me too,cause I feel I am still having some  kind of problems after I eat.Nothing nice to look forward to.I think I will ask him to remove the band next time I see him.I am not sure how easy that will be.I had it for almost 4 years now with only a 45 pound loss.I am not sure how my Insurance will accept that.I am on medicare.Does anyone know if Medicare pays to remove the band?

pineview01
on 9/27/14 11:21 am - Davison, MI

I can't comment on the medicare, There is an insurance board here somewhere.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Linda R.
on 9/28/14 12:12 pm - Smithtown, NY

i cant imagine any insurance would fight removing the band if it was medically necessary and causing you a problem

Laurena
on 9/29/14 5:54 am - Louisville, KY

I agree with you,but I heard and read so many stories that no matter how much pain you suffer some Insurance don't want to remove it right away or until you are at death door. I hope I am wrong!

Linda R.
on 9/29/14 10:19 am - Smithtown, NY

I know what you are saying...I had mine removed but under emergency cir****tances but was stupid enough to fight the insurance to put it back in. You just have to hassle the insurance company and not give up. What kind of insurance do you have and what state are u in?

Laurena
on 10/3/14 7:18 am - Louisville, KY

I am in Kentuck and I am on Medicare.

Hislady
on 9/27/14 7:28 am, edited 9/28/14 8:32 am - Vancouver, WA

Same story here no history of reflux but developed over time. I still have to pay for my removal because insurance doesn't cover, but I did get it removed in Feb. Unfortunately I still have reflux and my stomach burns all day every day so I'm afraid the damage is permanent and I already take 2 meds for it. I wish you well and hope that medicare will cover for you, I think they will but may have to ask your local chapter. Good luck to you!

pineview01
on 10/5/14 2:47 am - Davison, MI

I am sorry to hear you are still having so much trouble Lady.  I was always concerned when you were trying to hold off so long to get help paying to have it removed.

Most Active