Diet soda

kouts46
on 11/1/14 6:32 pm

I'm curious if others with the band drink diet soda. Does it cause you any problems? Has anyone felt it contributed to an ulcer? Just wondering. I was banded in 2003 and lost 70lbs. 237 was my high. I love my  band and work hard to take care of it. It's been a great help to me. I've gained back 8lbs in the first few years but have maintained my weight loss since. Chris

Kate -True Brit
on 11/1/14 10:56 pm - UK

I don't particularly like diet soda but have been known to drink it! But carbonated drinks in general are no problem for me. I don't drink them immediately they are poured or I get gas! My doctor has always been happy for me to drink them. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Hislady
on 11/2/14 8:05 am - Vancouver, WA

Diet soda is so unhealthy for us in general I wouldn't go back to it if I were you. It is awful for our bones and it can easily get to be a bad habit. I'd stick with water or flavored water.

debann
on 11/3/14 5:55 am - Anytown, TN

I can only drink about 4 ounces and thats enough.  I have lost my craving for it.  But it doesn't give me any issues.

Mell
on 11/5/14 11:17 pm

Hi!

I had started and was so quickly addicted that it scared me!!  I lost a sister in law who had RNY and switched additions to drinking, it only took 1.5 years to kill her. Those years were terrible I saw how quickly we can get sick if we do not listen to our diet plan, so this year I made a commitment to myself (I am 8 years out) to treat my body and especially my band better so I have completely cut it out! And funny how I lost an additional 10lbs!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

kouts46
on 11/5/14 11:38 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your S-I-L. You are giving good advice. Back to basics. I've been having problems with acid reflux and my doc put me on 40 mg of nexium. I to have to be extra careful while this irritation heals. It's not an ulcer though. I'm grateful for that. I'm being soooo careful I've lost an extra 5lbs. That's a happy result. This stomach upset makes me feel like not eating. Not my usual! But I'll take it for a couple days. I'm doing liquids for now until I feel better. I already see improvement.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/20/14 3:57 pm

I gave up all carbonation when I got my Band.  The carbonation does nothing good for you.  It's better to drink water or fruit infused water.  Quality is the name of the game.  You have a tiny space to fill, fill it with things that will feed your cells and your body.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Most Active