having bad removed 08-31. im so ready but getting anxious!

judeloren
on 8/28/15 6:23 am

I need my band out and i am so sick right now i can't wait to have it out.... but the anxiety i****ting me hard. having kids had changed me. getting the band in i wasn't even worried. maybe my biggest fear is i will have the band out but i'll still have the heart burn and nausea... for those who had it removed is it instant relief?

Nic M
on 8/28/15 8:47 am

I'm confident that you'll feel better when the band is out.

You don't have any damage as far as the Vagus nerve system, right? No referred left shoulder pain?

Even if the relief isn't instant, I do believe that after you recuperate, you'll find a lessening of symptoms. Some people do have instant relief. Stay positive. I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery. I am sending you all good vibes for a good outcome!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

judeloren
on 8/29/15 8:21 am

i do have occasional left shoulder pain. i hadn't even heard of vagus nerve until i started the process to have it out! Thanks i feel better about it already!

Hislady
on 8/28/15 4:53 pm - Vancouver, WA

I agree with Nic it may not be total relief at first but it will get better. The longer it is out the better you should feel hopefully you won't have much to deal with once it is out. You might need to do PPIs for a while after to get everything settled down again but it should stay better after that.

judeloren
on 8/29/15 8:27 am

thanks i feel better about it! i am so ready!

Nic M
on 9/1/15 8:05 pm

How did it go, Judeloren? Hope you're doing okay!

judeloren
on 9/2/15 12:05 pm

it went great! surgery was so late i did have to stay overnight at the hospital but i feel so much better now than i did before even with the incision pain!

Nic M
on 9/2/15 12:25 pm

That's terrific news. I'm glad you got through surgery okay and are recuperating!

judeloren
on 9/2/15 12:33 pm

oh me too! thank you so much for checking on me!

Nic M
on 9/4/15 9:57 am

I'm happy that you found relief. I know it's nerve wracking to go through it all.

Most Active