Band adjustment confusion

Bel1995
on 3/22/16 3:24 pm, edited 3/22/16 3:22 pm

Hi everyone

Would you please share your adjustment experiences. 

I was banded in Jan this year. My first fill was 2ml and second fill 1ml. After my 2nd fill several hours later i started to be unable to keep fluid down The next day i had to have an unfil of .7ml due to not being able to keep water down. Had a glass of water and it returned not as bad though and i had only been on liquids no solids. Then a few days later another unfill of .3ml was needed and i couldnt drink so they removed another .3ml 5 mins later. 

I am feeling hungry now its the next day and will need a fill in the future but feel fightened as it was scary not being able to keep fluids down.  I have had soft foods and liquid and feel no restrictions st this level 4cc 

I now have 4cc in my band. It is a small APS  band and holds max 10cc. 

thank you 

Hislady
on 3/22/16 8:40 pm - Vancouver, WA

Sounds like you are one of the many people who simply reject the band. The band is the least successful and causes the most problems of all the weight loss surgeries. It has a 60% failure rate and the majority of surgeons don't even put them in anymore. Many people simply can't handle the band squeezing on their stomach. The body literally rejects it, you may never be able to have fills if this is the case. If this continues you may need to have it removed before it causes permanent damage. Good luck!

Bel1995
on 3/23/16 1:11 am

Have you had the band and had it removed?

annie0039
on 4/1/16 8:24 pm

Whenever you have a fill done the Dr should be asking you to Drink water to make sure before even leaving the office that your able to swallow and the band isn't too tight.

Restriction does take time but you may also never experience it , unfortunately some people don't :(

Bel1995
on 4/2/16 5:47 pm

Yes the doctor has me has a big drink in his rooms. I dont tent to swell until after. 

I ended up at hospital had a drip for fluid and they took out 1ml. 

In future tiny fills for me.

cheyenne000
on 4/3/16 8:40 am
VSG on 03/25/16

I feel for you, that was the problem I had with the band. I had it in 2009 the only problem is I battled fills,  they would put one in and 2-3 days later I wouldn't be able to swallow then I would have to have it out.  I did hit my goal with the band but it was a lot of hard work. I had it removed due to not being able to tolerate fills. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. 

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Most Active