Babies and the Band

LegallyBanded
on 4/25/16 1:54 am

Hi There!

I am 31 and recently married. I had the Lab Band put in on Halloween of 2008 by Dr Braverman in Newport Beach, CA. I don't want any hating on me here, but I worked my ass off (and still do) to loose loose weight despite having PCOS and all of the weird issues relate to it. I went from a size 24 to a size 4. Fast forward to today and I don't have any of the PCOS-related issues, I still work hard on my weight loss journey, but now that I'm married, I'm starting to think about having children in the near future and I want to hear from any ladies who have had the Band and then subsequently had children. Did you loosen the band? Leave it as it? What brand prenatal vitamins did you take? OR were you not able to have children at all after the Band?

Looking forward to hearing from you all! (Please no Band bashing!) :)

sheriberi29
on 4/25/16 1:38 pm - Cleveland, TN

I had a twin pregnancy and never loosened my band . I never had any issues from the pregnancy . I do have lapband complications now and am having a revision to sleeve but it has nothing to do with pregnancy . I gained 24 lbs and lost it all within a few weeks 

Mell
on 4/26/16 7:26 am

I had my band in 2006, had two babies after and did it both ways.  I definitely gained more weight when I did not have any fluid than when I did.  The thing to remember is that you should toss all your "norms" out the window.  Not sure if you are like me but I am very aware of what I can eat, when I can eat, and overall how my band reacts to timing and different foods so I dont get sick very often.  

When I was pregnant I could eat more (muscle are relaxed, part of pregnancy) then after I gave birth with all the stress on the body my restriction was more intense. 

I took a normal prenatal my doctor gave me once and the other time I got one over the counter.  I try to get a smaller one, I had to take 3 but it was worth it. 

I lost the weight after but it took work to get my mind back in the game.  

Good luck!!

Mell
Start weight: 320
At surgery:  300
Current:      185
Goal:           175

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/16 6:14 am
On April 25, 2016 at 8:54 AM Pacific Time, LegallyBanded wrote:

Hi There!

I am 31 and recently married. I had the Lab Band put in on Halloween of 2008 by Dr Braverman in Newport Beach, CA. I don't want any hating on me here, but I worked my ass off (and still do) to loose loose weight despite having PCOS and all of the weird issues relate to it. I went from a size 24 to a size 4. Fast forward to today and I don't have any of the PCOS-related issues, I still work hard on my weight loss journey, but now that I'm married, I'm starting to think about having children in the near future and I want to hear from any ladies who have had the Band and then subsequently had children. Did you loosen the band? Leave it as it? What brand prenatal vitamins did you take? OR were you not able to have children at all after the Band?

Looking forward to hearing from you all! (Please no Band bashing!) :)

Why in the world would you think anyone on a weight loss surgery board would hate you because you lost weight with surgery?

I lost weight with WLS as well, do you hate me?

LegallyBanded
on 5/27/16 6:58 pm

Not at all, there is just A LOT of Lap Band bashing on the internet, and specifically on many of the threads on this forum. People bash the Band and people who have the Band. Quite frankly, it makes me disappointed to see so much Band bashing. There are many different WLS's. Not all work for everyone, but I believe just because the Doctor talks you out of a certain one (or bashes it himself--many doctors do and are talking people out of the Lap Band or Gastric Bypass and into the Sleeve--nothing against any of the WLS's though), or just because a specific WLS doesn't work for you, does not mean that that WLS as a whole doesn't work. I'm s strong WLS ambassador and Lap Band ambassador. :)

Most Active