I am sure I will get flamed for this, but here goes

KREMO
on 10/4/07 1:20 pm - TX
I am a newbie. I was banded 6 days ago, Sept. 28th, 2007. My experience so far has been wonderful!!! My timeline is what I may get flamed for, but I truly wanted to share the miracle of my experience. Everyone seems like wonderful people here, and its so true, no one really knows what we're going through, do they? My family has been 110% supportive, but they have no idea what it feels like physically, emotionally, mentally. Anyways, here's my timeline thus far. Overweight by 80 pounds 6 month supervised weight loss program for insurance (Cigna)  No pre-op diet Banded Sept. 28th Liquid diet for 1 day Soft foods day 2-4 Started exercising Day 5 Day 6 - Normal diet & stitches healed.  I am 6 days post op, no bandages, no diet restrictions. I have given up sodas for life and have been eating normal healthy foods, exercising and drinking 2 liters of water daily. Chicken, fish, veggies and protein shakes daily. I have been averaging 65-75 grams of protein a day, 800-1000 calories per day and my motivation to exercise has gone through the roof! I have not experienced the regurgitation like effect I've heard of, nor have I even come close to vomiting. Now I admit this is obviously the wrong thing to do. I know, but I also know my body better than any doctor and I knew when I was ready to move on.  I was also ready to accept the consequences if my band slipped or worse. The lifestyle change!!!!! OMG!!!!! Even if I get lectured by a million people on how I could be stretching my pouch, yadda yadda, the change I have HAD to make in eating would be enough to continue my weight loss! We truly do go through life in SUCH A HURRY! I never realized how much we don't take the time to s l o w down and enjoy our food! I chew each and every bite to a liquid. I don't even really swallow anymore. While chewing, the liquid naturally goes down. It's FANTASTIC! Please don't read this and think you may be ok to move to a regular diet before the dr. said. I didn't post it to condone disregarding your doctor's instructions. I just wanted to share my wonderful and miraculous experience with you. It's absolutely wonderful. It's a miracle.  For anyone thinking they may get away with the same, I ought to mention that my guardian angel must be on steroids because I heal and recover faster than anyone I've ever met in my life! In 2000, I had not 1, but TWO brain aneurysms. Fully recovered in less than 6 months. Earlier this year, a 3000 pound horse trailer fall directly on my foot. Broke only the metatarsal bone and was back playing softball within 3 weeks. My guardian angel and my ridiculous immune system is NOT normal, so please don't try this at home.  So far, my favorite thing is the IDS Whey 42 gram 3 ounce shot of protein. Freeze it and OMG what a wonderful popsicle!!!
Nancy W
on 10/4/07 1:26 pm
The post-op diet is there for a reason. It has NOTHING to do with whether you think you are okay, or whether the food goes down okay. It is so your band has a chance to heal and to "seat" into place without movement. I hope you make it. You're off to a shaky start.

Jason
on 10/4/07 1:26 pm - Frosty!!!!, MN
Sounds like your are doing awesome keep up the good work!!!                                                                                                        Jason
KREMO
on 10/4/07 1:31 pm, edited 10/4/07 1:34 pm - TX
Thanks for your note Nancy. I understand what the diet is for. I believe I did state I didn't condone it but I do know my own body and was ready to accept the consequences either way. As for a shaky start, 12 pounds in 6 days and more energy, a new lifestyle and new way of eating is a great start to me! I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on!  Thanks Jason! I am definitely gonna keep rockin'!!!
Nancy W
on 10/4/07 1:35 pm
You're right...you're 6 days out and I'm only 3 years out...what do I know? My best to you!

lorisb
on 10/4/07 2:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
Nancy, you know that beating your head against the wall gets you, well, a bloody head!  We also have seen what happens when people don't follow the rules...  Lori
KerryP
on 10/4/07 10:06 pm - MA
Be careful Nancy......Remember what happened the last time you challenged the 'challenged'.

KREMO
on 10/4/07 1:36 pm - TX

And our bodies are not the same either. Why do you have to be a hater? What's the point?

krinannie
on 10/4/07 1:46 pm - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV
I am starting to doubt you here. Forgive me, but you said you knew you would get flamed, and while Nancy didn't even come CLOSE to flaming you called her a hater.........I think you made this up to get people in a flame fest.

Chelle B.
on 10/4/07 1:47 pm
"hater"???? Nancy B doesn't have it in her to be a hater - you opened the door to some interesting responses and need to just let them come.
Be careful, or you may find yourself in my novel...

Photobucket
Most Active