6 month post op LPN

Stacy O.
on 7/23/04 10:55 am - Hornell, NY
I had my 6 month post op check up today and I am down 72lbs. Only 28 to go! I have been an LPN for 3 year, but have worked in the same nursing home for 6 years. Believe me my job of taking care of 40 residents by myself is much easier now that I have shed the weight. I work the 3- 11:30pm shift and it is just me and 4 CNA's to a 40 bed unit that consists of mostly diabetics, dialysis, and many cases of OCD. One RN supervisor for the 128 bed facility. Fairly small compared to some, but I come from a small town. Hope to see more of us here. Stacy 220/148/120ish
Luvitsunny
on 7/24/04 12:58 pm - Sunny South, FL
Stacy -- you are really busy! I'm an LPN on a hopsital med-surg floor. We are pretty busy, too. Right now I work three 12 hr. days, (7-7:30) off four. I'm 7 1/2 months post op and down 96 pounds. It does make a difference in the activity tolerance. Good luck!
Tina S.
on 7/28/04 12:42 pm - Kingsley, MI
Hi, I am also an LPN and six months post op. Jan. 21 was my magical day, I am down 94 pounds. I am so amazed at how different I feel and all the things I can do now. This is such an awesome thing to go through. So very glad I did it. I have worked in long term care for 8 years, but just went to on call status, I need to work on me for awhile then worry about others. Keep up the good work. Tina
Stacy O.
on 7/28/04 2:34 pm - Hornell, NY
My surgery was the same day...How neat is that? Yeah 6 years in long term...Dropped to part time status...That place is was too much comotion for me to handle right now..... Stacy
Donna L.
on 7/30/04 2:21 pm - Seffner, FL
Hi Stacy, Just wanted to say Hi & chat. I have been in LTC for ... lets see... 16yrs old - I'm 43 now. Work in a LTC facility as a LPN Manager (in Florida can't call ourself supervisors) of a 60 bed unit (full census 180), in change of 3 shifts, about 20-25 CNA's, about 8 nurses & do the RAI process for the resident on my unit & 12 more off another unit. & oh yeah go to all manger meetings like risk mtg, PPS mtgs ect... I love my job & all the pressures & stress. I think i thrive on it. Before becoming a LPN I worked in nursing homes as an aide (no such thing as a CNA then LOL LOL). Then right out of college a hosptial for 13 mths -- didn't like @ all. Guess geriatric's must be in my blood. Anyway, I am to WLS Sept. 13th & Sept 10 fliter for DVT's d/t having 2 DVT's w/ a PE about 4 years ago-- that started my 4 years of declining health & many hosptial stays leading up to WLS for health (weight loss is a benefit). OH WOW guess I had alot to say. Good Luck in ur WLS journey & LTC work. Donna L in Tampa
kitty1000
on 8/2/04 2:09 am - BOONVILLE, IN
STACY, I JUST FOUND THE L.P.N FORUM, I'M 54 YO, WORKED IN LTC, SINCE I WAS 17 ,,, 25 OF THOSE IN THE SAME FACILITY, I STARTED AS AN QMA, THEN IN 1987 WENT TO NURSING SCHOOL, WHILE IN SCHOOL I WORKED 16 HOUR SHIFTS ON THE WEEK END, WENT TO SCHOOL, M-F. I WAS THE CHARGE NURSE, IN A REALITIVE SMALL FACILITY OF 60 RESIDENTS, IN 1998 I RE-MARRIED AND STARTED DOING VISITING NURSE , RIGHT NOW I'M ON DISABILITY BUT HOPE TO RETURN TO WORK AFTER I GET MY RNY BRENDA
luvda20
on 8/4/04 1:07 pm - White Cloud, MI
Hi everyone....... I've been a LPN for 22 years but currently not working b/c I'm on disability, partially due to my weight, and partially due to having Fibromyalgia.I will be 50 in December... I'm just getting started in the WLS process...I have a consult coming up on the 19th of this month. I'm sooo ready to start a new life of being healthy. I congratulate all of you who are post op.
Most Active
Recent Topics
LPN needing support
pennywardell12047 · 0 replies · 261 views
Graduate in December!!
janice2007 · 0 replies · 346 views
Surgery date!!!!
Annie1965 · 0 replies · 326 views
LPN to BSN ?
deniseiannucci · 1 replies · 658 views
LONGING TO BE! :)
SBATTLE · 0 replies · 384 views