Questions: Work and Co-workers

Cindy Prior
on 2/7/06 3:51 am - Eveleth, MN
Question # 1 How has your weight affected your work? Question # 2 Has the surgery removed those aspects that were effected? Question # 3 Were your co-workers friends before and after or just before and not after or after and not before? I guess I'm asking how it changed work for you and the way your co-workers and friends took it? I am just pretty scared right now anticipating what the results of my consult are and how my family, friends and co-workers will deal with me after it is done, if I get to do this. The RN and dietician for the bariatric surgeon, both felt I was a good candidate for surgery. So did the psychologist who did my eval. THe consult will be held on February 15th. As that day approaches, I get more and more nervous. I don't know why. Thanks for caring. Cindy Lu
Jan C.
on 2/27/06 1:08 am - Cedar Creek, MO
so did you have your surgery yet or did you change your mind. Jan
Cindy Prior
on 3/12/06 8:04 am - Eveleth, MN
I am getting a lap band done. Awaiting insurance approval. Then it is date setting time. Have you made your decision yet? Cindy
Brutus1
on 3/25/06 10:46 am - Wheelersburg, OH
Hi, I am an LPN also. I had the RNY on 9/20/2005 and have lost 110 pounds. I feel better right now than I have felt in years. I do not take anything for my diabetes now. My back don't hurt. And I do not wear my CPAP machine anymore. My weight effected my work alot. My legs hurt, my back hurt, and I had NO energy at all. Yes, surgery has helped remove all of these problems My co-workers were worried for me, but lately I have had alot of positive comments about the surgery. I think they were waiting to see the outcome of my surgery. I had an STNA tell me today that I look great and she can tell that I feel better. I have so much energy! I exercise now and can get around so much better. It was rough to start out, but the farther you get out from your surgery, the better you get. I was also nervous about surgery, but I knew that I had to do something about my weight and my health because I was headed for disaster. I am VERY glad that I had the surgery. I am asked everyday at work if I would do it again, I always tell them YES! It was the best thing that I have ever done for myself. Hope that this helps you. Good luck with your decision. ~Michelle Allard~
Most Active
Recent Topics
LPN needing support
pennywardell12047 · 0 replies · 261 views
Graduate in December!!
janice2007 · 0 replies · 346 views
Surgery date!!!!
Annie1965 · 0 replies · 326 views
LPN to BSN ?
deniseiannucci · 1 replies · 658 views
LONGING TO BE! :)
SBATTLE · 0 replies · 384 views