Dont understand?

robert
on 5/19/06 7:09 am - gadsden, AL
I really dont understand why this message board has failed to take off. There are so many people out there online that have lymphedema and we could all be talking about it . MAybe helping people as we passs the time.
Tinabudde
on 5/20/06 1:06 pm - lockport, NY
Hi Robert and also Amy! I'm Tina Budde, Amy knows me from another group. I just found this board today though I've seen Amy's site before. I think people don't realize the boards are out there, like they aren't publicized alot and people just stumble on them like I did. I think the boards are a valuable tool for people. I'm going to put a link on my site for this board and in my groups about the board and see if we can get some traffic here. Amy probably knows my site, http://www.lymphland.com/ but Robert, you might not. I'm not very obese but I can sure stand to lose weight and I really need to learn more for people who ask me about the surgery and all. Tina
robert
on 5/22/06 3:33 am - gadsden, AL
I try to check this message board out on a daily bases hoping that other find it. I feel there is enough of a need for a meesage board like this one, if people just find it. To be honest until I found out I had Lymphedema (2nd-lower left leg) I had no idea what it was but believe me I have learned in a hurry. Would of been a bit easier if someone was there to hold my hand during the first few months. Just past the 2 yrs mark a month back. I have had my ups and downs thru this and right now I am in PT twice a week to try to get more active. I got scared to do much after the last hospitla visit and now working on getting going again. A bug bite/a small cut/a bump etc can get you sick again- that makes you worry about even going out. Now when I go outside I use some of bug Rep. to help ward off the bugs. AS for me I am overweight- I have gained some lbs. being less active but plan on losing some weight as time goes on. Getting more active is the key for me I am not into them cutting me as some do I have no problem wiht others doing it but I prefer to avoid that if at all possible.
Most Active