help emergency leg is severely leaking

ohnodonna
on 2/4/07 11:22 pm - fall river, MA
i dont know what to do i woke up with my pants soak and wet and my leg wont stop leaking im housebound and im scared i dont know how to stop it from leaking andit has a big lump on it what should i do?
Linda S.
on 2/6/07 2:59 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Call ambulance, go to hospital.
robert
on 2/8/07 11:59 pm - gadsden, AL
I do hope you did seek medical care. It is a good idea to seek help when issues like this occurs.I hate doctors as much as the next person but they are needed to stay healthy. Better to get things under control sooner than later. If you wait to long things could go from bad to worse.... It would be wise to see a health care provider on a norm if you have a condition like Lymphedema. Robert
(deactivated member)
on 2/20/07 1:07 pm
Donna, I hope you've contacted your doctor and are feeling better. I have lymphedema in both legs and have suffered with the " weeping" that you mentioned. It has to be taken care of aggressively, or it will get out of hand VERY quickly. Infection can happen with open wounds, and that can be quite serious.  My legs are thankfully under control and doing great with compression hose and wraps. Lymphedema can be controlled, but you have to take measures every day.  Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in any way.  Best wishes,  Toni
Most Active