Big weight loss from night to morning ...

Heidi C.
on 2/24/08 1:35 am - CO
I didn't believe it myself so I got on the scale 3-4 times to make sure.  Is this more than likely due to the lymphedema (LE) that I have.  I can get ready to go to bed and weigh literally 10 pounds more than I do in the morning.  By morning time I have lost the 10-11 pounds.  This has just been in the last week.  But also I have had a bad bad cold that I have been fighting and have been taking Mucinex (thank goodness for Mucinex).  Or is my body going through more changes?  I have been at a stall for approximately a month now.  I know I shouldn't be weighing myself at night... but you know how it is.   By the way my surgery was 10-30-07. Thanks again, Heidi
AttyDallas
on 4/8/08 3:08 pm - Garland, TX
I really don't see how that big of a change (loss) is possible between bed and a.m., unless you are getting up during the night to do #1 and/or #2, although I would guess that the vast majroity of this lost weight is fluid, esp. if it comes right back by the end of the day.   I know my nurse WLS buds claim that my LE probably accounts for 10 lbs. or more of fluid in my body (i.e. excess lymphatic fluid), but I find it hard to imagine I'm sloshing THAT much around in my feet and ankles/lower legs.  But then they point out that just a gallon of liquid weighs that much, or some such, which them seems to make it appear more plausible to me for some reason (although I still find it hard to believe I have that much fluid down there!)
attydallas_dblcentury.jpg picture by cmirving 

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 4/20/08 4:40 am
My entire weight loss journey has been in chunks just like that.  Therefore it must be associated with LE.  This is the only board that I have seen the same thing happen to someone else as me.  I have had as much as a 30# loss overnight.  The weight loss would happen 1 day every 4-6 weeks.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

briggy
on 8/16/08 10:59 pm - UK
I can easily loose 10lb overnight, and it is definately fluid, i have to go to the bathroom at least 3 times during the night and if i have had a busy day and my leg is more swollen i know it will be more
Heidi C.
on 8/17/08 1:14 am - CO
Thank you for your response to this. 
princessmogan
on 3/1/09 3:38 am
If you have edema you can fluctuate weight all the time.  I always have about a 5lb different between waking in the AM and going to bed in the PM......and it sucks!  I always weigh in the AM and at the same time.  However, you may also be losing some fat along with water, so good for you!!!  A loss is a loss...as I see it!  Good luck and keep up the good work!
Most Active