New on the board

2bthinnow
on 6/2/08 1:03 pm - mabank, TX
Hello, My name is Kim and I have lymphedema in my right leg. I just had the sleeve on 2-27-08 and it really did help the swelling in my leg. When I work alot the leg still swells some but not like it did. Kim
Batwingsman
on 10/15/08 3:56 am - Garland, TX
Hi Kim (howdy padner!)!

Congrats on getting your VSG ..   !

Are you have MLDT therapy on your leg?   You really need the massage therapy and proper applicaton of compression bandaging or garments to get the leg down to normal size, keep it there, and keep the LE from spreading over time ..  With your weight loss you should be able to do your own MLDT and wrapping, once you learn how from a certified therapist .  Eventually you can hopefully go on to just wearing a compression stocking on that leg .. 

To find a therapist near you, see my post above ..  The linkes there are actually set up to help another OHer in Whitney, Texas find a therapist in her area ..

Good lluck to you, and please keep us updated (also, you might want to join us on the Tex Messsage Board, if you haven't visited that forum yet)

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Most Active