Before and After pics of legs

kakora
on 7/11/10 5:46 am - FL
 I had posted a comment that I have had lower leg lymphedema sine age 12 but after looking over this site and checking other sites especially lipedema, I think this is what I actually have plus some lymphedema as I fit the profilse to a "T".  I had not looked for any new info for many years since there was nothing new to offer other than support garments and massage.  I haven't even seen a dr about this for at least 20 yrs.  I am planning on VSG, maybe next month, and am now re-thinking about it--I am 57, have BMI of 44 and have enjoyed food a lot.  Maybe, though, many pounds are also partly the result of lipedema as when I dieted strictly, not much happened. I really want(ed) this surgery but maybe having surgery may not help much.  Also, how do I know if this is starting in my arms, I attribute the size to being obese  I apprecite any thoughts or help.  I feel pretty darned stupid now for not keeping up with latest info.  I am so glad I found this forum.
A remarkable woman
on 8/7/10 12:38 am - Westland, MI
Hi! Don't give up the thought of having your surgery. I had lower leg lymph since I was about 20. I am 53 now. When I had WLS 5 years ago my leg went down quite a lot and I believe it has a lot to do with what we eat or drink. Try to stay away from salt and sugars because that seems to be what triggers mine. I put myself through trial periods. I wrap my leg up in the morning when I first wake up with ace bandage wraps and start from my foot to my knee. This helps a lot. You will notice a difference in the lymph once you start on liquids after surgery. Just don't get discouraged. But try a massager and the wraps every morning. Good luck
campingmama
on 6/17/13 9:48 am - IN

Thank you for sharing your story. It will keep me from feeling sorry for myself as my lymphedema isn't as severe.

I wish you further success!

I will care for my body so that I can feel the pleasure of being fit & fully alive as I grow older.                  

Sarahlicious
on 6/17/13 6:07 pm - Portsmouth, OH

Any level of LE is a burden...I wish you the best with your treatment and hope you see some improvement.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Brandnewme42
on 1/30/11 8:21 pm
I didn't know you could get it in your thighs also. I believe I have it in that area as well as in the area I was diagnosed in (feet and legs) I use a compression pump everyday for about an hour and 15 mins. which does not help much. I take water pills at least twice a week and then pump. Most of the fluid is released but I still have problems putting on my shoes or even new socks I bought which is very frustrating. I can imagine what you must have gone through or even going through. Congrats on your surgery, hope you get better!
Hello I am looking for people who live in the Warren and Center Line area who are preparing for weight loss surgery or had the surgery. Possibly you are having it at Henry Ford Macomb Hospital on E. 10 Mile in Center Line or you had it there. I am preparing for surgery and even though I don't have my exact date as of yet I would like to keep in touch with others that are like me or was like me. Serious replies only please, maybe this summer we could form a walking group and just support each other through our journey of getting healthy.

Please contact me via email, if you are seriously interested in forming this group.

Thanks!

Most Active