Should I wait for Plastic Surgery

Chris B.
on 3/19/04 5:31 am - Tampa, FL
I am 16 months post-op and I was recently denied for plastic surgery by my insurance. I am sure I can appeal and stand a good chance of getting it approved....but...... I have been doing some thinking....I am considering waiting until I have reached black belt (TKD) before having anything done. I am a yellow belt now about to test for gold so I know its going to be a while. 3 strong reasons to wait coem to mind: 1) I have definitely waited long enough to make sure my weight is stable. 2) I have given myself plenty of time to build a stong case for insurance 3) I have achieved a major athletic goal in my life and given myself time to become more confident physically and emotionally as a result of training. Let me know what you all think.
lisageo
on 3/19/04 10:37 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
I take Taekwondo too. I am a yellow belt going for my orange in April. I can understand. As far as waiting, I would wait to make sure I was more confident emotionally and physically as you said. You have to be emotionally ready to do this i would think. You have overcome so much so far and only you can know when you are ready to take the next step. Congradulations on your weight loss! lisa
Krista F.
on 4/2/04 10:35 pm - Temecula, CA
Hi Chris, I am 15 months post-op and I also started Martial Arts (TKD) after my surgery, as you know TKD is one of the best things we can do to avoid having to have plastic surgery, I think if I was you I would give it some time and continue with your training, I am currently a blue belt and I am not even thinking of having cosmetic surgery until after my black belt, by then I hope to be ripped enough to not have to worry Keep up with the crunches and push ups and soon you will be wondering where all your loose skin went.
MagickalMom
on 1/30/05 6:08 am - Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
Do what you think is best for you. KWIM? If you would rather wait until you have earned your Black Belt, then go for it. Having plastics will definitly through off that time table. Although after blackbelt there is still so much to do to improve yourself Mind-Body & Spirit, there is no end after blackbelt. So just consider all of your options and do what you think is best, in your heart! HTH! Brightest Blessings for a Wonderful Day~ Jamie M. Weight- 257/234/146 BMI- 44.1/40.2/25 Height- 5' 4" Surgery Date: 1/19/05 )o( No matter what size, we are all Gods & Goddesses inside!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Akido or Ju Jitsu
nursevil · 0 replies · 329 views
Awesome Board
Xavier Smith · 1 replies · 302 views
TKD withdraws
~Beautiful Dreamer~ · 2 replies · 329 views