Hi, everyone!!

Susan I.
on 1/30/04 10:29 pm - -, GA
This is a great idea; I hope more MTs join. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few overweight MTs who are looking at this surgery. I can tell I'm distracted; I've been catching little QA errors here and there, thankfully before the reports are sent off (like transcribing "The urologost licked his way into the bladder" (instead of "looked"). Eww. Anyway, my surgery is a week from Tuesday, 2/10, and I'd appreciate any positive thoughts that day. And I'm looking forward to visiting here. Susan InGA 250s/preop 2/10/2004
MedTrans
on 1/31/04 1:03 am - Cleburne, TX
Susan, Welcome to the MT message board. I think it's pretty nifty, too. "Licked his way into the bladder" is as bad as my "the patient was raped (draped) in the usual sterile manner." LOL Aren't we just a hoot!!! I will be praying for you on the day of your surgery. You won't regret it...I am sure. If you have ever been to an AAMT conference and looked around, you'd seem more than just a few of us that have the "big booty syndrome" going on. In fact, most of us are overweight.....gee...I wonder why LOL
Judi H.
on 1/31/04 1:28 am - ND
Hi Susan! You and I are February girls! My surgery is this coming Tuesday on the 3rd. The closer it gets, I have to admit the more nervous I am. Not about the procedure itself or the surgeon, but about a million other things. Have I gotten enough SF jello and vitamins, etc etc. I'm also nervous about when I come face-to-face with the fact that I can no longer eat what I want when I want it any more. I remember when I would be on my countless other diets before this I'd be at the meeting and listening to everyone talk about how they struggled that week and I'd be thinking gee, when I get home I'm going to sneak in a _______ (fill in the blank). And now I won't be able to sneak in a ______ any more. And for the first time in 49 years that is something I'm afraid to face. My husband and daughter are also afraid too!!! Well, we've talked this over beforehand, so we'll see how it works out. It is fun to meet other MTs here at AMOS. Thanks to Teresa S for really getting this board up and active right now.
MedTrans
on 1/31/04 2:43 am - Cleburne, TX
Honestly, Judi, if you are anything like the rest of us postops, the _______ that you wanted to sneak in just plain ol' won't taste the same as it once did. You will find ________ (fill in a healthy choice) tastes much better. I used to love ice cream, and I mean REALLY love ice cream....could eat it for every meal, and not just a small portion, but the whole container. Now, I cannot stand ice cream...it makes my pouch churn...even the sugar-free kind. My new favorite dessert is 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, 1 packet of Splenda, and vanilla flavoring to taste...and I might throw a few raw almonds on it to boot. Yummmmmmy. And healthy...and lots of protein. Head hunger has not been too bad of a problem for me. I never was too much for chocolate or anything like that....I was more of a potatoes and bread person...which now make me feel yuk, so I seldom eat starches. I LOVE Atkins Advantage Bars...usually have one for breakfast...and I LOVE ProPlete Gold vanilla pineapple protein much, which I get from Susan Maria at www.bariatriceating.com., as well as some other stuff I get from her site. Anyway, have a great day.....I'm excited about Tuesday for you. Do you have an angel? Teresa
Judi H.
on 1/31/04 12:04 pm - ND
Thanks, Teresa for the encouragement.....and for that neat recipe for ricotta and Splenda and almonds. I've ordered some things from bariatriceating already--mostly the powdered whey protein. I haven't tried any bars yet, but thanks for the recommendation of the Atkins Advantage bar, I'll keep that one in mind. I'll try out the ProPlete Gold vanilla too. My husband Charlie and daughter Samantha are going to be my angels. I'll have them post on this board after the surgery. As Tuesday gets closer, I find myself getting more and more emotional about every dumb thing that happens. My surgeon rxd some Valium and Sonata as he does for all of his preop patients just in case they get nervous or can't sleep in the days before surgery. I kind of laughed and thought well I won't be using those, but to tell you the truth I've already taken 2 of the Valiums over the last two days. That did seem to help. I sure hope we can keep this board active. I'm glad you gave it a thump to get it going! How's that Hannah doing? What's she been up to lately?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Introduction with question.
KellyJTn · 0 replies · 396 views
Penn Foster?
maryjones1 · 0 replies · 794 views
DO NOT GO TO WORK FOR SPHERIS
NCMT · 3 replies · 529 views
Second hand career step books
agoodman · 5 replies · 1075 views