Life is good !!

panhead58fl
on 1/4/07 1:05 pm - Barboursville, WV
Hi guys, today was three weeks post-op. Last week I went to the Doc and he released me to drive and more importantly ride my motorcycle. I rode a couple of times last week and have ridden to work every day this week. Started back to work this week, tough going back after two weeks off. I actually felt like gong back after the first week but went ahead and took the second week because my daughter was home for Christmas. Had my first meal of soft foods today. This evening I had refried beans with a little cheese melted on top and taco sauce. Tasted good and I ate a little more than a 1/4 of a cup but less than 1/2 a cup. I was getting tired of cream of what ever soup. Looking foward to a scrambled egg in the morning. People at work are already asking me if I have lost some weight. I have yet to tell any one at work that I had the surgery. I probably will at a later date. When I went to the Doc in April to start this ride I weighed 359. A week ago at the Doc's office I weighed 290. I have went from a 56 inch waist in jeans to some 48's I had stuck back in a drawer. I am wearing shirts that my son gave me last Christmas that I haven't been able to wear till now. My knees feel great, I can walk up a storm. I already have way more energy. I have been washing dishes just for something to do every evening, I do not do dishes. I have even been fixing my wife's coffee pot and setting the timer so it is done when she gets up. My wife is loving this. I have been trying not to get carried away so she doesn't get to use to it. I'll have to stop for a few days so she doesn't take it for granted. That is what's up with me. Life is good. pan head
Cagledude
on 1/4/07 8:40 pm - Lawrence, IN
Congratulations! You are doing great. Life is good and will only get better. Keep up the great work. Floyd
dfobert
on 1/4/07 9:41 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Congratultions on your weight loss so far! I am just waiting for a surgery date, and I can't wait to get this show on the road and get out of the 300's. Keep it up! Dale
Dx E
on 1/6/07 5:47 am - Northern, MS
PH, Sounds like you're doing Great!! My wife refers to me as her "1st & 2nd Husband!" As the gravity gets less of a grip on you Everything keeps getting easier, And you find yourself with Energy to spare. I've spent the last 2 years ripping through all the stuff I'd put off doing for the last 15!! Great to hear you're cleared to hit the bike again! Keep up the great work! Best Wishes- Dx
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views