Hey guys, I'm home

TomL
on 1/6/07 8:20 am - Bradford, MA
Surgery went as expected. Doc said the 90 pounds lost before ahnd help put big time. No problems to talk about. Only two things that were tough was the foley catheter and the drain. The drain was rubbing against my diaphram. I guess the same nerve branch supplies both that and the left shoulder. I was in terrible pain from the drain at first, but Morphine helped. Once they pulled that last night I felt like a million bucks. It's great to be home. Tough for me because I can't hold the little guy or really get down and play with him yet. Clear liquids till next Friday. Looking forward to that cottage cheese.
Scott_I
on 1/6/07 11:00 am
Welcome Home Thomas. Glad to hear things are on the right track so far.
Cagledude
on 1/6/07 11:32 am - Lawrence, IN
Thomas, Glad to hear things went well. Good luck on the liquids. Floyd
Dx E
on 1/6/07 1:06 pm - Northern, MS
Thomas, Glad to hear you're home an on the road to recovery. Hang tough for these first two weeks. Walk when you can and get in the water and you'll star Feeling better bit by bit. Don't SF Popsicles! Use 'em if you've got em! Best Wishes- Dx
Markwho
on 1/6/07 5:31 pm - Morristown, NJ
Hey Tom, Welcome home. Gald to hear that all went well. I had surgery on the 27th of December so I am going thru the same as you right now. I just had cottage cheese and it did not agree with me. Split Pea soup is good. I am still eating too fast and getting a sight case of the foamiees but not too bad. Walk & water is very important now. Sorry to hear about your pain with your drain. My doc did not put in a drain for me and now one of my "cuts" are leaking. The doc said that I have to let it run out, it is a pain in the ass. Good luck!!!!
FatManWalking
on 1/6/07 11:58 pm - Deep in the Heart of, TX
RNY on 12/11/06 with
Welcome home! The first few days are the hardest. Walk, walk, walk, and then walk some more. It really helps. I had a bit of that shoulder pain, too. But I think mine was more from the gas. Hold on tight, you are in for a fun ride. JP
Paul Gubrud
on 1/7/07 12:10 am - Pelican Rapids, MN
Thomas, Welcome to the loser's bench. Now that the surgery is behind you the fun begins. You will start to see the changes every day. For now, just remember to drink your fluids, get some walking in, and rest. Each day will be a little better than the day before. May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
groundsmgr
on 1/7/07 12:58 am - sandown, NH
Great to see that you did great. and welcom home
George Price
on 1/7/07 1:06 am - Leesburg, GA
Great to hear all went well for you. Things are just starting for you and you are in for a great ride. Congrats. George
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 28 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 64 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 87 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 97 views