Everything is go!!!

Richard13
on 1/7/07 12:56 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Finally, the Cardiologist cleared me for the second time. So everything is go for Wednesday. I hope the surgery goes better than the insertion of the IVC filter. I set a record last Thursday. Longest time ever taken at AGH in Pittsburgh to insert an IVC filter. I was told to be at the hospital at 9 AM for a noon procedure. Needless to say the procedure was never started until 2 PM. The powers that be decided to do this in the OR rather than Radiology where it is normally done. The Radiologist was upset that he had to use the regular OR nurses and could not use his own staff. This made for a 3 ring circus. After two failed attempts to get the cather inserted, he closed up shop and moved me to Radiology. So we started all over again. When they were finally done it was 4:30 PM. Then 3 hours of bed rest. Discharged at 8 PM. All this for a procedure that normally takes 15-20 mins. This is so crazy it is funny. Richard
drjco
on 1/7/07 2:23 am - Mint Hill, NC
Richard, Good Luck on Wednesday. I am originally from Steeler Country. AGH has a good reputation, must have been a bad day. I am still mourning Bill Cowher's resigning. How is Pgh handling it? Used to see Bill and his family vacation at an off-shore Island here in the Carolina's where he owns a beautiful Ocean-Front home (in addition to the one near Raleigh). Never understood how he could leave the off-shore Island and spend the winters in the north. But was glad he did to coach the Steelers. Hnag in there and God Bless, drjco
carrtje
on 1/7/07 2:36 am - Chico, CA
Way to go! Good luck on the surg.
Cagledude
on 1/7/07 2:37 am - Lawrence, IN
Richard, Good luck on Wednesday! Floyd
Paul Gubrud
on 1/7/07 4:50 am - Pelican Rapids, MN
Richard, My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Wednesday. You've already had your hiccup with the filter so I have confidence that everything else will go smooth as silk. The next few days will go faster than you can imagine and you'll be on the loser's bench before you know it. For your stay in the hospital, may I suggest that you bring your own bathrobe, slippers, and a loose pair of sweat pants. You won't need much else. Make friends with the Demerol button and don't give your nurses a hard time. Good luck to you and let us know when you get home. May Your Lantern Burn Bright, Paul
John White
on 1/7/07 12:54 pm - CA
Go for Orr! Might seem silly, but I'd also think about getting one of those cheap digital voice recorders and keeping an audio diary of how you feel at any given bored moment (as well as the things that go on). I wish I had done that.
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/07 12:15 am - Waterdown, Canada
go for it Richard...us canucks have got your "northern" back and we'll watch out for you! and we've cleared space over here on the postOP side of the locker room too....welcome! Jim
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views