OT: It's just not fair!

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/07 5:19 am - Eagle River, AK
Ya know... I did this very same thing with balsa/tissue paper wings and Estes model rocket engines in the late '60s. Did I gain any fame or notoriety for this heroic act? No. All I got was banged up shin from jumping off the roof of the garage, 2nd degree burns and grounded for a week... http://www.jet-man.com/actuel_eng.html It's just not fair... - Bob
Dx E
on 1/9/07 6:28 am - Northern, MS
Bob, That's amazing, and could he have chosen a more dramatic "fly space?" A "screw up" there would have been a really big "Ooops." Not like a desert flat, The Freakin' Alps!! Thanks for the video.... Estes Rockets eh? Yep. I had/made several. Can't remember the one's that carried pay-loads by name, but had a few. The "Big Bertha," the " Sprite," an "Alpha" and a "X-somethin'" Those were very fun. At first we could only get pieces parts through "Scientific American Magazine" or some such, Then later a wehole catalogue came out and we thought we were in heaven! Oh my Lord I'm getting Old........ Best Wishes- Dx
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/07 3:15 am - Eagle River, AK
Dx -- I have all those models and the payloader was called the "X-Ray". Although these days I'm strictly into the mid-power stuff; E-G class engines... Thank God I didn't have any of those when I was a kid! If you are ever feeling nostalgic, you can get those out of production kits on Ebay. I have an Estes catalog from 1967. Yep, definitely gett'n old... At least the guy had a parachute... Oh well as they say, "Mistakes can be painful, but if they're big enough the pain only lasts for a split second..." - Bob
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/07 7:28 am - Houston, TX
Thump....did you see the youtube about the goth kid that stuck a bottle rocket up his ars????...(hey dude...it's just and ass hole) russ
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/07 3:16 am - Eagle River, AK
Russ - Oh yea! That's one of my favorites! - Bob
bigdooba
on 1/9/07 12:13 pm - Marlton, NJ
Lap Band on 12/04/06 with
Hey Bob, great video, and a cool idea. I think you should order one of those and install some homemade bombs under the wing that you could drop when you want or some of your rockets that you could launch during flight. That would make this much more fun. Dan
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/07 3:17 am - Eagle River, AK
Dan -- If you and I ever get together it is going to be a very dangerous time... - Bob
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 28 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 28 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 64 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 86 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 96 views