Met my doctor yesterday....

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/07 12:28 am - MO
Nothing like I thought, he didn't come in and say - 'how did you find us' or 'what makes you think' or 'what other diets have you tried.' He came in and said, "you are a perfect candidate for Bariatrics surgery and afterwards you'll think you can fly!" He did order 4 tests preop so I'm thinking ok another 3 mos. and he continued, we can do them all in 2 days either in two weeks or the first of February!! Yay. The tests were, a sleep study, a psych. evaluation, pulmonary test, and a chemical stress test (I hated the first one 4 years ago - thought I was going to die). My wife piped in, 'since he's been going on line to that men's forum - he hasn't been as negative facing this!' THANKS MEN!!!
peppermrj
on 1/11/07 1:11 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good 4 you brother! Best of luck with the pretests. I had a few issues with mine but nothing that cant be overcome, If it does'nt kill you it will only make you stronger! Tony J.
Cagledude
on 1/11/07 1:16 am - Lawrence, IN
Great news Bob. Good luck on the pre-tests. You're journey is about to begin. Buckle up and enjoy the ride. Floyd
SonnySmith
on 1/11/07 3:23 am
I had my sleep study last night...not enjoyable, but I snored like a champ. I'll be curious to know how I did. I need the official diagnosis befor I schedule a consultation at the Barix Clinic thats local. Sonny
Troy Field
on 1/11/07 7:07 am - Bunker Hill, WV
Bob, Great news man!! The pre-op tests are a piece of cake. And it doesn't sound like you'll have too long of a wait either. Fasten your seatbelt and prepare to change your life. It won't be long and you'll be over on the loser's bench! I'll see to it that they clean ya a locker out somewhere near mine!! Best of luck. And tell your wife that with a bunch of guys like we have here in the Locker Room, there's nothing to be negative about. We've all been there and done that, and some of us even sold the T-Shirts!!! Best of luck. Troy
Dx E
on 1/11/07 10:13 am - Northern, MS
Bob, Glad you like your doc! That's an important relationship. Good luck and zip through your pre-tests! Best Wishes- Dx
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 31 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 67 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 90 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 100 views