Un-Fart ..My mouth is a Traitor!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/07 11:23 pm - Houston, TX
Hello Guys...and Loosers from all states and districts.. I think Darwin would be amazed at the rate of evolution that has taken place in me...I'm about 20 months out...lost 200 or so, I guess I'm at goal...working out like a fiend...everything is good Well it has been a little chilly here in Houston, for a week or so, by Houston standards...and I started to think about cold weather foods....and about a week ago it crossed my mind...how about a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup.... Sounds good right....not what I would normally choose, but a little special...now this was no impulse...I thought about it for 4-5 days...not obcessing...just a little craving... Well, last night, the situation was right, and I thoughtthis is a good night for it...a little chill in the air...easy...you have been workign out...you need to add a few more calories anyway... So I had to go buy...Bread...normally not in the house...mayo...the last one had expired.. I did have cheese...and I had an old can of Cambells left in the cupboard...oh and I had to go buy Shedds Spread...not normally kept in the house....Now the whole time I realize, this is a one time shot...the bread will turn blue and the mayo clear before I use it again... So here I am, just turning into Martha Stewart, grilling that samdwich, and heating the soup....it was perfect...I cut the sandwich into 6 peices, so I didn;t scarf it...I sat down....totally enraptured with what this was going to taste like.... I was more involved with the memory of the food than what it actually tasted like... About 1/2 way through the sandwich, the rapture was passing, and I actually tasted the food...It was gross...gooy and slimey...everything tasted funky... Adn I thought...oh this is strange...so I took another bite, thinking...that was just a stry thought...and I started chewing...of course...Kelly was scarffing like a dow with table scraps...and my chewing slowed...and got slower...then I stopped, and finally spit it out.... Kelly going what's wrong...are you gonna yak?...no I wasn't going to yak....it just tasted repulsive, fatty unnessary, and frankly it tasted like striaght up nasty Azz... I took a sip of the soup, and it was sweeter than any juice...and that was nasty.. so I went to brush my teeth...really disgusted at having the experience F**ked up... So to get my mind off of it, I went to shower...when I finished and pulled the shower curtin back, I could smell the lingering grill in the air....and it made me nausious... My mouth is a traitor...this should not have been off limits...but I'm so used to eating low fat, that it just didn;t know how to process it.. This moring when the neighhood kids were at the bus stop, I gave te bread and Mayo o one of the moms...she was happy... Ok, I'm fine now...my therapist said I will be fine... I'm gong to subway for a salad for lunch.. No more nasty Azz for me Russ
Big Loser
on 1/11/07 11:39 pm - AL
Hey there, Russ! I really love the way you wrote this out - very descriptive, and the story actually drew me in! Great! In truth, you experienced what many of us have experienced, and you would be surprised how many foods this can happen to. For me, it was a slice of my favorite pizza - which now tastes like complete crap to me. I, just like you, am now much more aware of the grease and fattiness of a food
Big Loser
on 1/11/07 11:39 pm - AL
Hey there, Russ! I really love the way you wrote this out - very descriptive, and the story actually drew me in! Great! In truth, you experienced what many of us have experienced, and you would be surprised how many foods this can happen to. For me, it was a slice of my favorite pizza - which now tastes like complete crap to me. I, just like you, am now much more aware of the grease and fattiness of a food - my body just doesn't want them any more. And Campbells Tomato? YES - I had a similar thing happen - it tasted almost like Ketchup! I was surprised how sweet that crappola was! LOL...And fresher things just taste so great now! I used to never eat veggies or fresh foods when I was heavy. All I can say is - what a FANTASTIC job you have done with your weight loss, and how great your story is! Keep it up! Have a terrific day, Mike
perryla
on 1/12/07 12:39 am - Gastonia, NC
Russ The reason it tasted so bad was because it didn't have "DUKE'S" mayonaisse on it. Being from North Carolina you should know that nothing else compares. I'm sorry it grossed you out....but learn your lesson. You can take a good old Southern boy out of the South, but you can't take the South out of the boy. WAD
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/07 4:50 am - Houston, TX
Listen to Wad for he speaks the truth... That nasty Kraft Mayo clabbered on the back of my tongue... Russ
carbonblob
on 1/12/07 1:22 am - los angeles, CA
hey Russ, i now eat healthier than anyone i know! never the case before. if i eat anything greasy or bad, i just lose the craving forever. i had some mini tacos she bought and the grease just gagged me. i only crave the good stuff now. read healthy. i can't stand high salt, grease, sugar or any of the bad stuff. as far as i'm concerned, that's great. good for you..........Carbonblob
pcprobob
on 1/12/07 1:42 am - Hillsborough, NC
Hey Russ! I can relate. For me, it was French Onion Soup. One of my favorite delicassies pre-op. Now, it just tastes like Motor Oil....yuck! Thanks for the story. Bob
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/07 4:21 am - Eagle River, AK
Russ -- I am at a loss here. I love grilled cheese. I can only eat a half sandwich, but I still have it on occasion. Tomato soup has been a staple of mine since the pureed stage. All of this is fine w/ my NUT (she actually recommended the tomato soup) and I am losing 2-3 lbs a week. I totally understand about a food that used to taste good becoming revolting after surgery (I can't stand anything fried anymore) but don't understand what's unhealthy about bread and cheese (in small quantities) or tomato soup? I've never had grilled cheese w/ mayo, so I don't use it. I just dunk it in the soup. Just curious there is something I should should be more aware of... Best of luck, - Bob
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/07 4:48 am - Houston, TX
Hey Thump... that is a great question....It's not what I ate, it's the combo...I'm sure you are like a lot of us wanting to get the biggest nutritional bang for the buck.... This sandwich and soup had about 450 calories in it...only about 5 grams of protein...the rest was carbs and fat... Compare that to say a Healthy choice dinner that has 320 calories and 27 grams of protein....part of makeing better choices I don't need to loose anymore....and I really need to add more calories to my diet, since I'm exercising more...but my mouth as gotten used to low fat low grease, low carb stuff Does that help?? Russ
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/07 5:21 am - Eagle River, AK
Russ -- Yep, clears it right up! but I'm surprised the chesse didn't have more protein in it... Congrats on reaching goal and becoming a Sr. Post-op! I can't wait to get down there w/ you... Best regards, - Bob
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views