A different one year anniversary

duanero
on 1/30/07 11:46 pm - Black Diamond, WA
I am excited as my one year aniversary to no more nicotene is coming up in a couple of days. After chewing copenhagen for around 30 years and a can a day habit at that. I finally took my life into control and quit chewing that nasty azz crap. Now the next big problem to tackle is my weight. Hoping to have surgery soon. Just need to loose 6 more pounds so the doc will schedule me for WLS.
SonnySmith
on 1/30/07 11:55 pm
Duane-- Sometimes one sucess will lead to another. I'm confident it will in your case. Best of luck. Sonny
Cagledude
on 1/31/07 1:14 am - Lawrence, IN
Duane, Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment after 30 years. Good luck on getting WLS scheduled. It will totally change your life. Floyd
semperfidad
on 1/31/07 1:30 am - Shelbyville, IL
Duane, Congrats! My Wife and I both threw away tobacco products in July of 2006. I just had my WLS yesterday, and I couldn't be any happier! Good luck on your journey, and enjoy the stale stench of the 'Mens Locker Room'. Semper Fidelis!
SouthJerseyChris
on 1/31/07 1:39 am - Brick, NJ
BROTHER!! I am on Day 19 of my no Copenhagen lifestyle (25 years/1 or more can a day) I am on 16 months post-op RNY. 6 pounds is -nothing- compared to the first three days with no nicotine
duanero
on 1/31/07 3:32 am - Black Diamond, WA
The first week of nicotine withdrawls is hell pure hell. It does get better. I choose to fight it in two parts, first quit nicotene then quit the habit of having something in my mouth. I chewed mint snuff from oregon mint snuff company (no tabacoo and no nicotine). Then at about 8 months just quit the fake stuff. I still keep a can around just incase but shure the hell beats the real stuff. Also you may want to check out the forums at stopsmokeless.com . Good luck your on your way.
SouthJerseyChris
on 1/31/07 4:55 am - Brick, NJ
I post roll call daily at quitsmokeless.. ..I used the mint stuff the first two times I quit..so this time I just dropped cold turkey. I still have 10 cans of the mint in my freezer unopened. It sucks..no doubt..there is no other word for it. I'll get through though, I'm sure of it.
Most Active
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 3 replies · 14 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 42 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 74 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views