Freedom 2007

carrtje
on 1/31/07 1:50 pm - Chico, CA
I had a breakthrough yesterday. I was running late from a meeting and had to pick upt he kids from daycare before they started charging me. As I walked across the university campus toward the car (about 1/2 mile or so) I thought to myself that if I ran to the car I might make it in time. Then I thought "no, I'm dressed too nicely and I'm carrying things. I won't be able to safely run in these dress shoes anyhow". Then a bolt of lightning hit me. My reason for not running all the way across a large university campus, then to my car three blocks from the campus was that I wasn't properly dressed for it...not that I wasn't able to do it. This was the first time running in such an instance became an option. The weight had kept me shackled and now I am beginning to feel free. I learned right then that the beauty of what we've done doesn't come in the way our clothing fits nicer. It isn't that we look more attractive or that our parts "rise to the task" more readilly. It isn't even in the honest and wonderful compliments we recieve from those around us. Those things are all nice side-effects. But to me the true brilliance in the journey comes in the way options are opening up. We have the option to ride the roller-coaster now. We have the option to walk the beach as far as we want. We can do things now, and experience things that previously were barred from us. Herein lies the freedom and glory of bariatric surgery. Welcome to the freedom.
wbfine
on 1/31/07 6:45 pm - Franklin, MA
Jacob, Anytime I question why I'm now on the path towards surgery, I think about possibilities....the very "freedom" you've mentioned. The removal of limitations.....the ability to make choices.....heck, the ability to even HAVE choices! This is a club I cannot wait to join! Beantown Bill
Scott William
on 1/31/07 8:09 pm
Jacob, Sometimes the answer really is as simple as, "because I can". Congrats. Scott
kenINindy
on 1/31/07 10:36 pm - IN
Very eloquently stated, Jacob! Ken
Most Active
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 16 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 16 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 43 views
Sunday Weigh In