Solid Food

panhead58fl
on 2/1/07 1:11 am - Barboursville, WV
Hi Men, Today is the day, it has been four weeks of soft foods and I can start on solid foods. I have done nothing extreme so far. I did change from a scrambled egg this am to one over easy, no problems. Lunch is going to be my stand by, refried beans wtih cheese and taco sause. Dinner I think I will either make some turkey chili or maybe stop at Wendy's and have their's. I don't want to try anthing new at work for lunch. Better safe than sorry. Four weeks ago I thought this day would never come, but it wasn't that bad. Life is good pan head
Cagledude
on 2/1/07 1:19 am - Lawrence, IN
Congrats! I know I was really looking forward to eating solid food and even strong armed my surgeon to let me start a couple days early. Now, after 9 months, I prefer soft foods just because I have a hard time eating too fast and chewing well enough. If you keep your mind focused while you're eating, you'll do fine. Enjoy!
panhead58fl
on 2/1/07 12:47 pm - Barboursville, WV
Thanks Floyd, I have been looking forward to it also, and a little apprehensive at the same time. I have had to watch how much I try to take in a bite, even with soft food. The chili was great. pan head
alwuetrich
on 2/1/07 1:23 am - Hopkins, MN
Great Job! I'm having surgery in March. I'm curious how much you've already lost in those 4 weeks? Al
panhead58fl
on 2/1/07 12:40 pm - Barboursville, WV
I really dont know for sure. They didn't weigh me the day of surgery. The last time I weighed at the Nut. office before surgery I was 321 I weighed 273 this morning. I think I have lost about 25 lbs since my first doc visit after surgery. I think I was in starvation mode for a little while. The scale didn't move at all. I tried to up my calories and protein and it seemed to help. pan head
Tim A.
on 2/1/07 1:47 am
Welcome to the other side bro, You'll be amazed how different food will taste to you now. It's a trial and error process to rediscover your new likes and dislikes. Just go slow and add one new thing at a time so when you get sick or hurl you'll know the cause. If that happens just add it to the list to avoid and retry it again a month or so later and it may be fine then. Be careful about eating food that does not have a lot of moisture in them. I ate some dry chicken at about 6 weeks out and it stuck in my new pouch and I had to make myself hurl. It was the saddest excuse for throwing up I had ever seen. Just a couple of pieces of meat and a little foam, no more projectile vomiting for us. Good Luck, Tim
panhead58fl
on 2/1/07 12:51 pm - Barboursville, WV
Hey Tim, I have been real lucky so far every thing has went down without any problems. Hope I don't have to go through what you did. pan head
drjco
on 2/1/07 2:42 am - Mint Hill, NC
You must feel like a new person already. Nice job! drjco
panhead58fl
on 2/1/07 1:00 pm - Barboursville, WV
Hi John, I feel great. I can already get around a lot easier. I have very little pain in my knees. They use to bother me all the time. I just feel better in general. pan head
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/07 5:02 am - Houston, TX
Hey Head.... congrats.... Dxe, always said...you know you are strange when you crave purreed tuna fish with purred pickle... I think I could get anything down with enough Ketchup Enjoy russ
Most Active
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 11 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 11 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 42 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 74 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views