Gaining

LH
on 2/1/07 4:00 am - Columbia, SC
I've been gone awhile guys and I'm frustrated.....I got as far down as 192, but leveled off around 199....In the past 2 weeks I've gained up to 214 and I can't stand it.....my eating isn't great, but it's not that bad and I'm walking roughly 6 miles a day.......I did 2 protein drinks yesterday and 180 ounces of water followed by deer cube steak for dinner with green beans.......and guess what? I gain 1.4 lbs......I realize this is prob. water weight but I'm scared......basically if anyone has the time, I'd like a diet that would help me get this weight off fast. I look the same, but the numbers bother me.....Also, what's some good easy, cheap stuff a college student can make that will speed this process up. Thanks brothers MH
SouthJerseyChris
on 2/1/07 4:07 am - Brick, NJ
First, stop and breathe. Then, start tracking what you eat. How many calories are you taking in a day? Be honest. To gain 15lbs in two weeks, you would have needed to take in an extra 55,500 calories. Extra. At minimum, that 3900 per day... ...-extra- Can you say you have been doing that? Or have you been great some days and binging other days? Is eating two shakes and a small meal the norm for you? There are a ton of things that will factor into scale weight, so to start..take a deep breath and relax, then start analyzing what is going on.
LH
on 2/1/07 4:12 am - Columbia, SC
Thanks Chris.....definitely no where close to that......my main problem is that I'll have a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then have 4 or 5 slices of bread with meat during the day.....Calories couldn't be more than 1500 a day (I still think it's not that much). 2 shakes and a meal isn't the norm, but I'm trying it to see if it will help jumpstart the weightloss again......any suggestions?
SouthJerseyChris
on 2/1/07 5:16 am - Brick, NJ
Track your calories brother.. For example.. 5 slices of bread could be 800 calories..or more. Depends on the bread. Bowl of cereal? How big of a bowl? I've seen cereals that weigh in at 170 calories for 1/2 a cup. Milk on that too? Whole milk or skim? 2 shakes? That 220 calories or more, depending on the brand. BTW..deli meat can also get real high too...not to mention real high in salt. Underestimating calories is the -easiest- way to sabatoge the whole thing. Once you know -exactly- what you are eating, then you can make corrections to it. You have a good idea about jumpstarting the weightloss by eating more, as it is possable you have just adjusted to less calories. If that is the case, the gain you have seen could just be water weigth caused by the carbs -and- the body trying to hold onto calories. However...you won't know for sure unless you know exactly what you are putting in yourself.
HePaid4That
on 2/1/07 6:37 am
MH, you are drinking about 3x the amount of water that you need. Take a diuretic and that will probably get you halfway down. You are probably eating too many carbs. Your body sucks carbs and holds onto them. Add the water and it is no surprise you gained the weight that fast.
LH
on 2/1/07 9:43 am - Columbia, SC
Thanks Greg......I just needed a kick in the pants......I started eating a good bit of carbs the past few weeks and that's what did it. So I should be getting around 60 ounces of water a day? Only got 80 or so in today and the scale dropped to 209.4......hopefully slowing the water down and cutting the carbs out completely will do the trick.....Thanks again! MH
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 2/1/07 8:51 am - Japan
Hello MH, Just wondering what type of exercise you're doing? Weights will raise your metabolism and a lot of people are doing cardio 4 or more times a week. Some people are okay without exercise, some not. Best Regards, Dave
LH
on 2/1/07 9:45 am - Columbia, SC
Just walking the 6 miles a day and then playing basketball 4 nights a week.....Back in December I was jogging 3 to 4 miles a day, but went home for the semester and stopped.....Need to get back into that.......I think it's time for me to hit the weights too.......Hopefully I'll be able to shed these pounds with no problem....thanks again MH
kevin moran
on 2/1/07 12:20 pm - stockton, CA
M.H. Thanks for opening-up. I know this situation, overeating, is a life time challenge. When men like you step up to the plate ( pun intended ), admit your struggle... and fellow members offer sound feedback.. I gain so much in the transaction... keep up the good fight... keep letting your brothers in arms ( & guts)... walk this path with you.. Thanks again... I'm sending positive vibes your way Kev-
Most Active
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 16 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 16 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 43 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 75 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views