Weight loosing stoped

big649 gill
on 5/10/07 8:18 am
   Hello friends   I  am again on board with new problems my weight stoped at 328lb from 2 weaks my work out is crosstrainer .45 m, weight traing 1 day shoulder  chest, next day arms legs for .50 m stationary biking  08 to 15 miles daily. I not cheating my foods too.I don't know why stoped, can I  do more workout? Second I cannot drink room temprature water but cold water is ok for me. Is that right for me ? Waiting for you priceless ideas.I have no trainer and dietetion.Thanks.                                                                                                                                                                     
carrtje
on 5/10/07 9:10 am - Chico, CA
I busted through my two-week plateau a few weeks ago. My advice is to go back to basics. Keep working out, drink more thank you need, and don't get discouraged. You'll come out on top...well...underneath, I guess. Either way, you'll be less of a man than you were before
Dx E
on 5/10/07 8:45 am - Northern, MS

Hey J, 2 weeks no loss? Could be a typical stall / plateau, or it could be taking in the same amount of calories that you’re using. Check your "Caloric needs" with something like- http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalsm.html Then, track what you eat for a week. Write down EVERYTHING you consume each day And calculate the amount of calories consumed. There are 3500 calories per pound of body fat. In order to lose just one pound of stored fat we need to burn off 3500 extra calories beyond what is consumed. Many folks find a calories in versus calories out tracking system like the free version on http://www.fitday.com/ to be very useful. Give it a week. Many have plateaus where the metabolism is re-adjusting and attempting to compensate for the reduction in calories. If this is the case, give it a while. Plateaus do pass on. There’s about an 8 to 10 pound "wiggle room" of water weight that is needed to utilize glycogen as energy. One can show a 30,000 calorie deficit without a weight loss showing up on the scales---For a while, Then- Bam! The metabolism catches up and dramatic losses are revealed. Hang in There. Keep up that exercise and have patience. (the cold water versus room temp?  many folks have similar and/or opposite experiences with how their "pouch" responds to temperature. I was the same way Early on. I surmised that it was because when I drank really cold water, I was actually ‘sipping it’ and not gulping it un-aware. Could be the case with you as well?)

Best Wishes- Dx

HePaid4That
on 5/10/07 8:15 pm
From what you are explaining here it appears to me that you are likely not getting in enough fluids to overcome your workout so your body is holding water.  Try increasing your liquids (SF fruit punch from Wal-Mart) helps me a lot.  No calories, but keeps me thirsty.  It's a wierd phenomenon but the more you drink, the more you lose. Hope this helps. Greg
kkortsen
on 5/11/07 12:43 am - AZ

The same happens to me.  I watched my food intake, stepped up the water, and walking,  and bingo it paid off.  It is just sooo frustrating.  I too can only drink the cold water.  Tap water even makes me sick.  Bottled or RO for me.  My Doc told me that the cold water is better for you.  It carries out the fat cells out of your system much better than room temp. water.   Hang in there, this too shalll pass! Kent 357/281/189

ardbeg
on 5/11/07 4:36 am - AL
I know your doctor's a doctor and I am not, but I doubt drinking cold water makes any difference.  By the time water is a few feet into your intestine, it's at about 98 degrees just like the rest of you, with relatively little energy expenditure.  So I don't know where it is going to be picking up these fat cells.  But according to the linked article, 8 glasses of cold water a day for a year would burn about 7 pounds of fat.  That assumes the water is frozen cold (32 F), and is compared to drinking body temp water, which no one does.  The real difference between room temp and ice water is about 3 pounds a year or less.  So you could force yourself to drink very cold water, or run/walk an extra two miles a week.
Most Active
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 16 views
Recent Topics
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 16 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 43 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 75 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views