I'd rather die than...

wlscand09
on 12/19/08 6:29 am - Tickfaw, LA
 Be in the situation I find myself in this afternoon. Okay so here's some background info. This morning at about  2am I got up and went into the kitchen to get something to eat (I thought it was time to get up for some stupid reason) but instead I realized my blood sugar had gone low. So I was in the kitchen going to get some juice from the fridge and WHAM I hit the floor. Coming to, I was wondering what in the **** happened??? So I brushed myself off stood up, thanking Christ that no one had seen that. Then I went to walk back to my room to check my blood sugar and WHAM I fell again. This time there was a throbbing pain in my left foot. I got up again, more flustered (by this point I had fallen about 6 times) and went into room where I proceeded to fall straight to the ******g floor about 4 more time. So I cried for a while, wondering what was happening to me and I drank some OJ, took some percocet, and went to sleep. Well, 11am comes around and I hear my mom in the LR and I call her from my phone to come in and look at my foot b/c I figured I had broken it. We go to the ER and spend about 3 hours in there getting xrays and EKG and suchnot and then they said I have "3 fractured metatarsals". So ******g fabulous! I now have 3 broken bones which I've never had a broken bone in my ENTIRE goddamn life and on top of this bull**** I have back surgery coming up on the 29th which is the day before my birthday!!!! So please gang, I need some encouragement right now to get through this and some healing words because I'm pretty beat up and in some pretty good pain. Thanks for listening.
Jason S.
on 12/19/08 7:47 am - Williamston, NC
Maybe I missed it, but..what the hell caused the falling.  Was it the blood sugar?  Damn, that's scary.  I have had a couple of incidents myself with this lately but I haven't gone this far yet.  Damn! 

I'll keep you in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.  Take care bro.

Jason
henrywb
on 12/19/08 9:34 am - Pottstown, PA
What a damn scrary experience.   Was it the broken foot that caused you to fall or did the falling cause the broke foot?

Hope the hell you will be ok.

Port repaired 6/16/2010 weight that day 270
Beam me up Scottie
on 12/19/08 12:08 pm
OMG that sucks man!!! I'm so sorry you are having these issues!!!! I know it's too late, unless you have an orson wells type time travel device.....but other people on these forums that have low blood sugar issues keep snacks at the side of their bed (think protein bars or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches). I hope you feel better.

What are they doing to your back? Is it the 29th of this month? Do you have a mangle (man angel) to let us know how your doing?

Scott
snicklefritz
on 12/20/08 6:11 am - Cincinnati, OH
I hope you find out what's wrong besides the foot. You need to get tested to see what is causing the falls man. This is serious. Don't wait. Let me know how I can help

snicklefritz
on 12/20/08 6:12 am - Cincinnati, OH
Just thought of something. Are you taking your vitamins and getting all your protein in. Your falling reminded me of how my protein and vitamin deficiency began. Get your levels tested pronto. You may be malnourished

(deactivated member)
on 12/20/08 9:50 pm - Houston, TX
Oh Lance...I'm so sad that you have this probelm...I'm going to send out good wishes and hope all these toubles will soon depart...

and while i'm at it....i'm gonna wish, that if you fall, you use that 4.0 GPA of intellegence to keep you boney ass on the floor til things pass, so you done go falling anymore, or break more bones or furniture...

stay put!!

mctready
on 12/21/08 10:36 pm - South of Boston, MA
Jeeze man. Stay OFF the floor! Snacks at your bedside sound like a really good idea. Hope that you can get a good angle on that low blood sugar if that is what caused all this for you. Falling could not have been good for your back.

Here are good thoughts headed your way to manage this and get through surgery too. If you can pull off that GPA you can pull through this. Take Care
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 30 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 66 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 89 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 99 views