Body lift/Tummy tuck costs

gman1972
on 2/8/11 3:45 am
Does anybody have an idea of real life cost for a body lift or tummy tuck.

Jim Parker
on 2/8/11 5:22 am - TX
RNY on 11/02/10 with
I've seen some posts on the main forum talking about having to save up $20K to cover the tummy, leg, breast, and arm lifts.  Sure woke me up!  No idea if that's accurate or not - just seemed like the "general discussion number" people were using for overall post WLS plastic surgery.  Maybe over on the plastic surgery for men forum you could get a better idea?  Should be someone there that knows something about it.
Don 1962
on 2/8/11 7:21 am
Gman,

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/male_plastics/discussion/

It is a group so you'll have to jump through a hoop or two to get in.  Very informative.

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/8/11 11:50 am
depends where you have the surgery, and if your insurance pays for part of the bill.

Scott
OneFinger
on 2/9/11 3:38 am

We had a plastic surgeon talk last night in our support group. He recommends that people start with a body lift since it afftects waist, butt, legs, and abdoman. He had before and after pictures and it looks like they basically slice you all the way around and then "lift" the skin into place. The results were remarkable.

He said that insurance will usually not cover any costs and it is all out-of-pocket. But, he also said that he does NOT do the procedure in a hospital because the hospital cost alone is approximately $10K. He has a surgery suite in his office and says it is much less expensive doing it that way. After surgery he has you in an overnight recovery facility and then releases you to go home the next day.

He said a body lift is about $10-12K. He said arms are about $4500.

He also cautioned that you make sure to check out the credentials of the doctor. Make sure they board certified as a plastic surgeon. Apparently in my state anyone can perform this surgery. But, you're better off with a certified plastic surgeon.

High Weight = 310     Surgery Weight = 300   Dr's Goal = 200   My Goal = 190    
kevinax
on 2/9/11 5:52 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
I went to Mexico last summer and had surgery with Dr Sauceda. It was about 15k cheaper than what I was quoted in the US and I had excellent care. I paid 9500 for a Lower body lift, inner thigh lift and fat injections to my face. That included airfare, 2 weeks in a hotel, the clinic, compression garments and all medication and anesthesia. The care I got was 2nd to none. I highly recommend him and there is a group for his patients on OH. If you want more info, feel free to send me a message. Good luck.
Kevin

RNY 4/27/2009  Highest weight 296 Current weight 175  .!  

Beam me up Scottie
on 2/9/11 10:43 am
I have to say I've seen Dr. S. pictures before and they are amazing.....his work is better then most US surgeons I've seen.

Scott
kevinax
on 2/9/11 5:54 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
I went to Mexico last summer and had surgery with Dr Sauceda. It was about 15k cheaper than what I was quoted in the US and I had excellent care. I paid 9500 for a Lower body lift, inner thigh lift and fat injections to my face. That included airfare, 2 weeks in a hotel, the clinic, compression garments and all medication and anesthesia. The care I got was 2nd to none. I highly recommend him and there is a group for his patients on OH. If you want more info, feel free to send me a message. Good luck.Kevin

RNY 4/27/2009  Highest weight 296 Current weight 175  .!  

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/11 3:16 pm
I suggest you do what I have been doing since the cost is so far out of my price range that it is not a possibility, I would rather put that money towards a downpayment on a house. 

I have been wearing mens performance wear shrinks that are $10 a piece at walmart size small since I was about 250 lbs.  I am currently at 184.  For the past month I have been working out pretty hardcore doing Crossfit.  My trainers know that I need to gain muscle because I lost the weight in such a short amount of time that I had lost massive muscle mass in the process.  They have designed a program for me that is strictly strength training.  I train for about 30-45 min a night 5 nights a week.  The results work.  My excess skin in my arms, chest, and stomach is tightening up a lot.  I have some serious muscle definition now.  You can actually see the formation of a six pack on my abs.  My "alien"/sternum has almost completely disapeared and my abs are filling out that inclave under my ribs.  I think that within another month or two of keeping up at the routine I have been going at I will feel confident enough to not wear the shrinks anymore.  I have no problem walking around shirtless outside anymore.  Considering you can see a 6 pack forming, I have developed nice pecs that getting better daily, my shoulders, deltoids, biceps, triceps, and back is majorly defined.  Its to the point where I do not have to flex at all and you can see the muscle formation there clearly. 

Screw the plastic, just work out.  Plus I have heard that the recovery time from plastics can be months.  It tooke me 2 days in the hospital for my RNY and a week of bed rest with walking a mile a day.  Within 2 weeks of surgery I was running, within 3 weeks of surgery I was doing situps and crunches.  It has been 23 months since my surgery and I am more fit then I ever have been.  2 weeks ago I did a challenge over the weekend from Friday at 8pm - Monday at midnight.  I did 5 pushups and 15 situps every hour I was awake.  I ended up doing 330 pushups and 1005 situps.  Try doing that for as long as you can and after a week of just that see the results of it and it will change your mind about surgery.
Jim Parker
on 2/9/11 11:17 pm - TX
RNY on 11/02/10 with
Different people experience different levels of excess skin following weight loss.  Typically, younger folks, those who don't smoke or drink, and those with exceptional genes do better in this regard than others. 

I'm following a similar program to yours, and I can definitely see the increased muscle mass, but it's too early for me to tell if my skin will tighten u*****t.  I'm almost 55, so the odds are against me.  But if nothing else, I'll be in much better shape with excess skin! 
Most Active
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 29 views
Recent Topics
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 29 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 61 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 75 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 97 views