I'm glad I found It

JMANC
on 7/29/11 10:59 am
      I'm glad I found it, a board just for men. It's nice to be able to talk to other men, when and if you need too.  I finally got a Surgery Date, August 31. I'm PUMPED!!!!

John
Michael P.
on 7/29/11 11:06 am
Welcome John.  No BS here.  Just the honest truth!  Funny, when I saw your subject I was thinking that someone had lost a ton of weight and finally found their Johnson...  Anyway welcome to the group and ask any questions that you'd like.  We do a Sunday morning weigh-in here that is pretty good for keeping you accountable.  Look forward to seeing you on the forum.
--
Mike

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
JMANC
on 7/29/11 11:18 am
Hey Mike, Glad I could make you laugh. My subject heading did it's job, LOL. I was trying to break the Ice. Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been on the main RNY forum since May but glad that you guys are here. I look forward to chatting.
John
Do not be afraid of tommorow; for GOD is already there.   ~ Author Unknown
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Don 1962
on 7/29/11 11:00 pm

Hi John and Welcome!

Hope the next month of waiting goes smooth for you then hang on for the ride of a lifetime!

Never, and I mean NEVER, trust a fart!! 

JMANC
on 7/29/11 11:36 pm
Thank you Don. I look forward to what the future holds.
John
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Jim Parker
on 7/30/11 5:28 am - TX
RNY on 11/02/10 with
It will seem like forever until your surgery, until a couple of days before.  Then you'll get the "what the heck am I doing" reaction that will make it seem like that last week goes flying by...  It's perfectly normal to have that reaction.  At least one of the guys here made it all the way into the hospital, and they were just about to sedate him, and he said "What am I doing here?" and walked out.  It was several years before he went back, but this time stuck it out and has done wonderfully since - and really regrets having run out the first time around...  If you're like most of us, this WLS will be the best thing you've done since marriage and kids... 

I'm doing so many things that I could only dream about 140 lbs ago (and I've still got another 60 or so to get where I want to be)...  I'm off my CPAP machine, off my diabetes drugs, almost off my blood pressure medication (last dose was today!), wearing 2XL shirts instead of 5XLT (had to get "talls" to stay tucked in because of my oversized belly!), and size 38 trousers instead of 56 with elastic waistbands...  And I'm back flying again (I'm a pilot) and enjoying it even when it's 104 degrees on the runway!  (But only 72 degrees at 5500 feet!)

Best of all, I no longer feel like I'm letting my wife and family down by abusing my body such that I won't be around to see my youngest daughter get married, grow old (or older) with my wife, and hopefully spent lots of time with my grandkids...  This surgery absolutely gave me my life back, and probably quite literally has added years to my life.  I'm so glad it did it!
JMANC
on 7/30/11 3:17 pm
Hey Jim, Thank you for your words of wisdom. It seems like we are or in your case were about the same size starting off. Keep up the good work. I look forward to chatting with you.

John

kenhud1
on 7/31/11 1:40 am - Houston, TX
John, welcome to the men's board. Or as Don might say, "men's, not menses" You'll find this to be a good supportive group to get involved with. Good luck and feel free to drawn on our experiences (I hesitate to say knowledge, cause frankly sometimes I feel like I don't know ****!). Ke
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

JMANC
on 7/31/11 2:17 am
Hey Ken, Thank you very much for the warm welcome. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.
John

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 50 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 74 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 101 views