Are you Kidding me!!!

JMANC
on 8/18/11 5:10 am
     Just need to vent, SORRY.. On Tuesday 2 weeks before surgery I saw my Surgeon. At the end of our appointment he said that he isn't sure how there was a mix-up but he is leaving for vacation the day of my surgery. So I had two options, the first one is he would try to switch my surgery date to the following week because he would be back. The second is still have my surgery as planned but he won't be there for my recovery. He said that he would prefer to be there to look after me and not leave me there for one of his Partners to look after. I can understand this so I said that if I could get something the following week I would fine with that, It's only another week right? But told me that If the following week didn't work out then he would still do the surgery as scheduled.

So today I received a call from his Secretary that my surgery date would be a month later. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I told her what the Dr. told me and she said that there was nothing she could do. So I ask that before anything is done I want to speak with my Dr.. So now I am waiting to hear from hi.

The only thing that upsets me is that since day one the Dr. has known that since I had been laid off from work that time is a virtue for me. Because If I start a new job I won't ever be able to take 2 to 4 weeks off to recover from surgery. I do sales another month would put me into the start of our slow season. Which means no one will be hiring until spring time. I need to be able to be able to support my family. My wife is a stay at home mother.

Oh ya and I have been on my liquid diet for almost two weeks. I guess that's my bad but whatever.

Thank you for you time.
John
Do not be afraid of tommorow; for GOD is already there.   ~ Author Unknown
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

cabin111
on 8/18/11 5:40 am
I would have it done by him and have his associates do the recovery.  They know what they are looking for.  You want your surgeon's steady hand...That's the biggie.  Just my 2 cents.
JMANC
on 8/18/11 6:13 am
No, I agree. I would love for him to do the surgery. I'm just not sure why he waited until 2 weeks before to say something in person, when I have had my surgery scheduled for almost two months.

Thanks for your response.     
John
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Mike P.
on 8/21/11 6:29 am - WI
Do you know anything about this associates? Do they also specialize in WLS??  I would feel very frustrated and disappointed getting that phone call!
JMANC
on 8/21/11 8:22 am

Hi Mike,

Yes it is a Bariatric Program that has existed for 13+ years. My Doctor is a Mass General Doctor, that Specializes in Bariatric Surgery. But I don't think that there Support staff is always on the same page as the doctors.

The good news is that I did get a call back from my Doctor and they made a spot for me on the 7th of Sept. so I'm  lot happier now. At least It's only a week off not a month.

Than you for your response..    

John

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 50 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 74 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 101 views