I'm back

mystmanpdx
on 9/4/11 4:15 am - Everett, WA
Hey boys... I decided to come back to OH after a long vacation. 

Lots of stuff and I do mean a lot... have changed in my life since post-op.  Both for the good and bad.  I need to update my profile, journal and stuff.  But, I'm trying to do a reboot.  I need to get back on the horse and try to lose more weight because I haven't been trying lately because of personal drama and now need some support.

Anyway, glad to be back.

-J
kenhud1
on 9/4/11 7:34 am - Houston, TX
Welcome back! Who says you can't go home again?
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

sjbob
on 9/4/11 12:45 pm - Willingboro, NJ
 I'm glad that you're back.  Don't get discouraged if you stumble along the road to recovery.  I used to go to Overeaters Anonymous many years ago and they expected perfect compliance until they found that most people who attempted that compliance failed.  And, once having failed they didn't know what to do.  They suffered needless guilt.  So, OA changed its tune and recognized that slips are part of recovery.

You may feel that you have totally given up on your post-op program, but you probably eat much less at your meals than you did prior to WLS.  You may be picking up the wrong snack foods, but you are probably not pigging out.  You've recognized your need to come back here for support.

Initially, you may want to start writing down everything that you eat during the day--become aware of what you are eating.  Also, weigh and measure your food for a few days to a week so that you get used to what your proper food portions are.

I strongly urge using the Beck Diet Solution--link to my Latest Posts to find out more.  I know that I sound like a broken record about this, but I was able to lose 50 lbs 5 years post-op using the Beck Diet Solution Weight Loss Workbook.
Michael P.
on 9/4/11 10:02 pm
 Welcome Back.  Don't forget to head over to the Sunday Weigh in and post your stats so that we can all share in your successes and struggles!!  Anyway, good luck as you re-focus!

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
mystmanpdx
on 9/13/11 12:05 pm - Everett, WA
Yeah, I'm not ready to start the weekly weigh-ins.  I'm dealing with some major personal/relationship issues that are messing with my progression.  But, I'm atleast starting to put together a strategic plan to get my WLS goals back on track.  It's not going to be tomorrow or the week after.  But, I am trying to train myself to try harder in the next few months to get back on track. 
Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 19 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
82much · 2 replies · 19 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 55 views
Memorial Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 67 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 97 views