Sweet!!! I can't wait!!!

JMANC
on 9/6/11 4:44 am
Tomorrow is the BIG day!!! Surgery at 11:30... See you on the losers bench...
John
Do not be afraid of tommorow; for GOD is already there.   ~ Author Unknown
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Charlie S.
on 9/6/11 8:28 am
As someone who had my surgery last week, get as active as you can, as quick as you can.  It really does help.  I feel great right now!  I must admit, I thought the Dr's spill of the more you walk, the better you will feel was crap, but it is TRUE!

Good luck!  Let us know how you are doing!

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

cabin111
on 9/6/11 8:50 am
A few thoughts in no special order.  The pain near your belly button is where they put the camera...That is why it hurts alittle more than the other sites.  For many (most) RNYers the cleaning out the system, the night before, is the worst part of the whole process.  Try and get some sleep.  I couldn't sleep a wink the night before...Woke up my wife at about 3:00 am and asked her if I was doing the right thing.  She said..."You've looked at this from all sides, prayed about it, researched it totally, worked hard to get here...Now get some sleep!!"  Being nervous is part of the process.  They spray the new pouch and old stomach with air (looking for leaks).  That gas will be trapped in you for 7-10 days...It does go away...Walking and movement help. 
It is hard to get a good night sleep in the hospital...They are waking you at all hours to take vitals.  At home sleep when and where you can.  Use pillows in a creative way.  The first couple of weeks at home will drive you crazy...climbing the walls with bordom.  Walk, rest, sip...repeat.  That is all you can do the first week or two.  Enjoy the ride...
JMANC
on 9/6/11 9:59 am
Thank you both very much for you words of wisdom. I will keep it in the back of my mind. I hope it will help. I will update as soon as I can. TTYS.
John
Do not be afraid of tommorow; for GOD is already there.   ~ Author Unknown
Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.             ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

kenhud1
on 9/6/11 11:08 am - Houston, TX
John,
Best of luck. You are about to begin a real ride. Let us know how we can help.
Ken
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

Michael P.
on 9/7/11 12:26 am
 Good Luck John.  Hope everything went smoothly today!!

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
Dave T.
on 9/7/11 3:30 am - MN
Good luck John and welcome a amazing ride!

BlakeH
on 9/7/11 3:23 pm - Canada
Hope everything went great and you are starting to feel better.

Charlie S.
on 9/8/11 10:28 am
John,

I said a prayer for you yesterday.  Hope that everything went well.  Let us know how you're doing when you get up and about and feel up to it.

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

Most Active
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Recent Topics
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 26 views
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 50 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 74 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 101 views