Three Days Post Op

Mike P.
on 9/18/11 5:31 am - WI
I made it home yesterday. Had my RnY on Thursday…it was a bit rough waking up in recovery and initially getting to my room, but after a few hours once the anesthesia wore off, I was walking the halls by myself! My wife stayed with me the first night….good thing since it was a full house and the nurses were a bit slow coming. Pain really is not too bad today at all….if I do a little too much, then it starts to hurt…but for the most part, this has not been too bad at all. I really expected the worse and nothing turned out to be as bad as I anticipated. I don’t return to wor****il 10/31 so looking forward to doing a whole lot of nothing for the next 6 weeks. I’m sipping the fluids with no problems. I have noticed my new stomach is very LOUD! Am I always going to be this noisy?
kenhud1
on 9/18/11 5:51 am - Houston, TX
Congrats .. It sounds like you're to a great start. Stay walking, but don't overdo for a while. As for the noisy pouch, I think you'll find that just about the time you get used to all the noise, it will get better. I assume you mean the internal noise and not the farting, which I don't believe ever gets better. Although I wi**** did.
KenHud
RNY 5/17/10 highest: 407 lb - maintaining a loss of 200+ pounds and enjoying life

Mike P.
on 9/18/11 5:58 am - WI
I actually was referring to the internal noise....however, I never appreciated farting so much in my life! That JUST started this morning, wow talk about relief! My wife and daughters don't appreciate it as much though! :-) 
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 9:04 am
Congratulations Mike. You and I are just about on the same schedule! Keep it up with those walks.
Michael P.
on 9/18/11 10:00 pm
 Congratulations Mike.  The pouch grumblings get less and less over time.  I will occasionally here from my pouch but most of the time not.   As for the other end...  Let's just say "crop dusting" happens often while walking through the local malls... 

9/9/09: Highest Weight: 506.5 lbs              9/20/10:  Tufts Start Weight: 492.4 lbs
2/7/11:  Surgery Wt: 462.5 lbs.                  9/16/12: Current Weight: 287.8 lbs.
4/15/12:  First 5K - BAA 5K - PR 35:49
Most Active
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 21 views
Recent Topics
Mother's Day Weigh In
Don 1962 · 1 replies · 21 views
Cinco de mayo Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 4 replies · 52 views
NFL Draft Sunday
Don 1962 · 5 replies · 76 views
Drug test Sunday Weigh In