6 days out and still hanging tuff!!!!............

stoney5150
on 4/1/12 5:20 am
RNY on 03/26/12
First, I have to say I'm still pumped from reading the weigh in posts about all they are doing and getting in better shape. One of the big reasons I had RNY was to get some quick weight off in hopes of getting back to lifting weights and boxing training sooner then later.

Ok, 6 days out from RNY surgery and overall things are moving along nicely. Abdominal pain is way down but just alittle sore when I twist a bit. I've gotten into a routine on my protein shakes which has helped me hit my mark the last three days. I keep water at my side all the time and I drink during the night when I wake up so I believe I'm hitting my daily mark there. 
My big thing is how low my stamina is! I know it's part of it but for me it's the bigger obsticle since I know I gotta have some stamina to get out and do things but I'll keep resting and doing what I can.  

Tonight is going to be a tough night because I plan on taking NO pain meds at all. A little back ground is that I've been on daily pain meds for a few months now (due to low back issue) taking them in the evening and at bedtime to help sleep but I've been careful to keep them at a minimum due to how dangereous that can get but even at small ammounts you can still have with-drawals when you stop taking them. So tonight might be a little nasty but hopefully not since I've weaned down a bunch already.

Gotta go,
Stoney
Brian K.
on 4/1/12 9:12 am - MA
RNY on 04/23/12
 Hang tough Stoney! You can do it!
Charlie S.
on 4/1/12 9:46 am
Great job! 

You are right, the stamina is a killer!  Pain wasn't much of an issue at all for me.  I was off of all pain meds after the third night, and did not ever take any more.  However, the stamina loss was really hard for me.  However, that will be back soon enough as well.  

Hang in there and just keep sipping, walking, and resting.  Before you know it you'll be on here giving encouragement and advice to folks fresh out of surgery or waiting to go in!

Best of luck, brother!

Charlie

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

Andrew L.
on 4/1/12 10:47 am - Klamath Falls, OR
RNY on 04/11/12
Keep at it.  Thank you for the posts, we are alike in a lot of ways and I have my surgery in 10 days.  It will ge great to have someone to loose with!!
ACLakey's Bariatric Blog

Highest Weight 06/2011 = 370
Weight at Surgery 04/11/2012 = 328.8
Goal Weight = 230

Davo
on 4/4/12 4:44 pm - WI
RNY on 03/12/12 with
 Im three weeks out.  I still get tired gut it is getting better.  After about a week drinking went much quicker.  you can count your protein drinks as liquid as well.  I have not delt with any pain meds post surgery.  I only used them two days.,  Good luck.
Most Active
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Recent Topics
Drug test Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 33 views
Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 69 views
Eclipse Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 93 views
Easter Sunday Weigh In
Don 1962 · 2 replies · 103 views